Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Procedure for changing NT6.5 from demo to live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Procedure for changing NT6.5 from demo to live.

Hi again,

I downloaded NinjaTrader 6.5 and have just set it up for live trading since NT7 is still beta and it is safer to use NT6.5. Please can you guide me how to set up my NT6.5 from demo to live. I have recieved my Paypal receipt for leasing my NT. There is a subcription number. Is this the live license key? And what should I do with it?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards
    Claude

Hi Claude,

Thank you for your post.

Your Live license will be send in a separate email. It's an automated process. Once we've received confirmation from Paypal of your payment, a Live license will be send to you automatically. You might want to check your junk folder since it could be the email ends up here.

When you have the license you need to enter it under Help--> License Key. Then go to the File menu and uncheck Global Simulation Mode. After this open up a SuperDOM and select your Live account.

If you haven't received your license within an hour please send a note to sales at ninjatrader dot com requesting your license. Include the subscription number as well so it will be easier for them to process.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. I still have not received the live license key. I will send an email to Ninja sales now. Thanks again.

Claude

Comment

Some questions to live accounts..

Hi,

I insert licens key, when I start NT I can see that I have possible "simulated" and "live" accounts. But where I can change between this accounts? It is"Global simulation Mode"?

Other question is, where I can see my status of accounts (my money)?

Thank you,

Jirka

Comment

jiri_barta,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to the File menu in the control center and uncheck "Global Simulation Mode".
          Now when you open up an order entry window (e.g., SuperDOM, Chart Trader, etc) you should be able to toggle between your Live account and the Sim 101 account.

You should see an account drop down menu that says "Sim 101" where you can select your Live account.

You will be able to view your account information by clicking on the "accounts" tab of the control center. Please note that the level of information that is reported here will depend on your brokerage technology. Please see the following forum post for more information on this topic:

With some providers, you will not see your account balance until you have placed your first live order.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

[QUOTE=NinjaTrader_Matthew;198590]jiri_barta,

Hi,

thank you. So, it is true, that my live account has name : 77777!Dorman!Demo? When I do some order under this account NT write this message: Account write permission denied Affected Order. Order is then storno.

Comment

jiri_barta,

No - that account would indicate that you are connected to a Demo Dorman account.

Who do you connect to for your data? Are you using your live or demo login credentials?

If you do not see your live account listed, it is likely that your live account is not associated with the log in credentials you are using under Tools--> Account Connections.

You will need to follow up with your brokerage to get access to your Live account through NinjaTrader.

Comment

Yes, thank you, my broker send me now new information for new log, now is everythink ok, thank you.

Comment

Hi, pls, I have problem with plot actual data in NT. For actual data I must close chart and again open. Where is problem? Thank you.

Comment

Hi jiri_barta,

Can you please tell me what verison of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V6.5.1000.18 or NT V7.0.0.22 Beta? You can check this under Help--> About.

On which instruments are you experiencing this issue? ES, YM, ZB?

Comment

I have 6.5.1000.17. It is ZC (corn). Thank you.

Comment

ES is runing without problem

Comment

Hi jiri_barta,

Thank you for that clarification.

You will need to upgrade the most recent version of NinjaTrader which is NT V6.5.1000.18. You can upgrade by going to Help--> Download Site and downloading the current production release NT V6.5.1000.18. You should be able to do an over-the-top upgrade without uninstalling your current version. Please make sure to shut down NinjaTrader by going to File--> Exit before running the setup file to upgrade.

After you are on the current version of NinjaTrader, you will need to reset your instruments.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'. Then restart NinjaTrader and reconnect.

Please let me know you continue to experience issues.

Comment

Dear Matthew, now it is ok, thank you,

Jirka

Comment

Position

Hi,

I have on friday open one short position, in the end of day I was i net profit cca 7,5 tick (in NT it was standardly on right panel in chart green value of profit). Now on sunday I have there value O (profit is in account) and position is still open on short and STOP loss is closed. How it is possible? Thank you.
                              Last edited by jiri_barta; 10-24-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post futtrader  
                              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid