Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manging each lot separately in Chart trader

Hi Support,

I have a question in Ninja Chart trader.

Suppose, I am trying to get long a trade by scale in at two levels and I enter my two orders at 2 different price levels. I see price not retracing much and I move my 2 orders to same place. I see that the orders are getting "stacked". Now, if I want to make my orders similar to how they were earlier, how can I do that?

I want to manage each lot separately and trying to find out how I can do that in chart trader.

Thanks
    RK

ATM Strategies

Hello,

Currently this is not possible to do within Chart Trader. I do beleive that this feature will be added to our next major release of NinjaTrader, that should be available by the end of fall.

If you would like to accomplish this, you will need a SuperDOM window open, with the Show Quick Buttons enabled.

This will allow you to seperate your targets and modify each lot separately. Additional information can be found below.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

I enabled quick buttons on super dom and went through the link. But I am trying to find out, how I can split say 2 stacked limit orders into separate orders.

I am sure this is a common scenario for managing separate lots independently. I am trying to find out how to do the following:

1) split stacked entry limit order
      2)split stacked stop orders, so that I can manage the stop of each lot separately
      3)split stacked target limit orders,so that I can manage each limit orders separately

The reason orders get stacked is when I enter them at same place, say like I initially kept stop for both lots at same place, and later wanted to have one aggressive stop and other far away stop.

Is there any video or any other detailed help file, which shows how to use SuperDom/charttrader for managing separate lots each with its own entry,target and stop.

Thanks
      RK
      Last edited by RK_trader; 09-20-2007, 09:09 PM.

Comment

ATM Strategies

Hello,

Unfortunately what you would like to accomplish is not possible.

For you to be able to manage seperate orders, you will need to enable Display Selected Strategy in two SuperDOM's. You can enable this with a right mouse click in the SuperDOM -> Properties -> ATM Strategy Selection Mode and set it to 'Display Selected Strategy Only.'

Additional information can be found below.

This will now allow you to place one order in one SuperDOM and the second order in the second SuperDOM and manage them seperatly.

Please attend our ATM 2 webinar this afternoon from the link below.

Comment

Thanks Chris for getting back to me.

I am unable to attend the webinar due to schedule. Do you make recorded webinars available for viewing? How can I view them?

Thanks
          RK

Comment

ATM Strategies

Hello RK,

Currently we do not record our webinar sessions. We do hold these sessions every week, so please feel free to attend them when you have a chance.

Have a great weekend and happy trading.

Comment

Hi Chris or support,

Can you please confirm this feature of will be available in the upcoming 6.5 Beta release, as mentioned by you in the previous post earlier.

Thanks
              RK

Comment

Hi RK Trader:

Thank you for posting. Unfortuantely, this will not be possible using Chart Trader in NT 6.5 beta release. To accomplish this type of order submission, you can go to the Order Panel and modify one of the orders and it will seperate them on Chart Trader.

Best regards,
                RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post dp8282
                by dp8282

Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM