IQFeed Backfill Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed Backfill Issues

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem as I searched these forums already and didn't find anything.

I have IB and IQFeed connections. I prefer to use IQFeed over IB because I do not like the way IB disseminates volume information. However, Ninja Trader seems to really hate IQFeed.

When I first boot my computer and load up Ninja Trader and connect to IQFeed, everything USUALLY happens normally. It connects and then goes through each chart and symbol backfilling the necessary information. The problem, however, now starts. If I go to open a new chart, it attempts to backfill the data and just sits there forever. In the beginning I thought that it was just reading data and it was taking a while. I loaded up the IQFeed connection manager and I saw no data being transferred at all.

That was a problem I was dealing with. Annoying, yes, but workable so I just dealt with it. Now, I cannot even make a connection on a fresh reboot and connection. Now I load up NT, connect to IQFeed, then it sits there saying it's loading chart data but never finishes. It just sits there forever until I hit the cancel button.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. Oh I forgot to mention that if I abort all the charts loading data, the last price information still updates on the charts.

Is there something anyone can advise me to do? Thanks in advance.

Hello:

Thank you for your post.

Please verify that you are running the current release of NinjaTrader, NT 6.0.1000.5

Also, ensure that you have the latest IQ feed Data Manager, Client version 4.2.1.4

You may download from the link below:

Shutdown NT and restart the application. Attempt to connect, does the connection still hang or does it connect successfully?

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IQFeed Error on Loading Data

I have the same problem with loading IQ data on startup/connection.

Yes I am running NT 6.0.1000.5 and IQ 4.2.1.4

All too often, when I connect to IQ, like this morning, it loads and saves data for a 33tick ES chart and then sits and does nothing for the two ES 1 min charts I also have running. It just sits there forever until I click Abort. It then gives the error "Error on Loading Data" and starts to load data to all charts.

So, perhaps the problem has to do with IQ historical data?

Initially I also thought it was a time issue and so I reduced the number of days of data I requested via Format Data Series. Reducing this to 2 days made no difference. So, this is appears to be a bug in NT.

Comment

ATI,

Thank you for reporting. I will try to reproduce on our end.

Vince
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same problem. Latest software as mentioned.

Sometimes it works no prob. But very often, it just hangs.

Trying to do someting else while data is loading, like open a new chart or change displayed instrument seems to make it much worse or more likely to happen.

I now normally close the Market Analyzer to help reduce the problem.

I have two connections setup.

IQFeed with FuturesBetting as secondary; and FuturesBetting with IQFeed as secondary.

I normally connect to IQFeed first, then only after that is complete do I add the FuturesBetting connection... this can all take between 10mins and 30mins.

There are a few instruments in my list which should be removed, because my IQFeed account does not supply them, but I don't think that is causing it, because it can hang before getting to those instruments, and at other times it's fine... just a few errors for the invalid symbols.
          Average Kb/sec tranfers speeds seem to be very low, so wondering if there is some sort of timeout prob.
          Last edited by vlc; 10-01-2007, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Further issues - Patsystems vs IQ

There is another issue.

I just setup a Patsystems account this morning. If you connect to it first and then connect to OT or IQ, only Pats is shown as connected and the bottom of the Control Center.

However, both are shown as connected if you look in File/Connect or File/Disconnect.

If you disconnect from Pats, then IQ (in this instance) is shown in green as connected.

If you then try to connect to Pats, while still connected to IQ, you get a message saying you must first re-start NT. So, you need to always connect to Pats first.....OR....do not disconnect during session as you need to re-start NT to re-connect to Pats,

=== EDIT ====

the issue with only one connection showing was due to my having the control center minimized...works fine

issue with Pats is same as always...i.e. need to restart NT if disconnect from Pats during session and try to reconnect
            Last edited by ATI user; 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I just switched on the Diagnostics tab. There is an amazing volume of data being fed at start-up, even though it's not yet needed.
              e.g. loads of newsfeed even though there is no News window to use it. Seems to be multi-threaded but still it takes ages getting data that is not immediately needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post xiinteractive