Draw objects anchor points off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw objects anchor points off

I annotate charts with draw objects in real-time market then replay the data in replay session. For some reason the anchor points for the draw objects aren't placed in the correct location in the replay session. See pic attached of line properties, and the time it shows up on the chart. In all cases the objects are ahead by several hours. This is on a 1-tick line chart and I have noticed this since many betas ago although currently I am running beta 19. I do not recall having this problem in 6.5 but I am aware that you have changed how chart objects are stored in 7x.
    Attached Files

Hello mgin98,

Thank you for your post.

Please check the General tab of this settings dialog & let me know if you have auto scale &/or lock checked. (see screenshot)

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding over the weekend, NT_Chip.

No, the lock or autoscale are both unchecked on all of the objects in question. I modified the object "end time" by increasing it by one second which seems to have moved the object ahead temporarily, but by the time my replay session gets to that point the objects are still ahead by 2 hours and out of place. If I simply view the properties, nothing happens but if I change any of the values, it recalcs, but still not to the point in the future where it should be.

Comment

Hello mgin98,

Please provide step-by-step details of an example of this drawing object issue so that I can attempt to recreate this issue on my end.

Thank you,

Comment

I'm not sure which options would recreate this scenario, but I have 4 workstations that all exhibit the same problem and they are all win7-64bit, setup to connect to Gain and use "Ninjatrader Servers"...also to "save tick data as historical" and "record market replay".

I open a 1-tick chart and draw a lot of trendlines, pivots and S/R lines on the 1-tick chart, all with the option to apply draw objects to "all charts". I disconnect from Gain, connect to market replay, then drag the slider close to the session day/time I want to replay. A couple of hours into replay, I begin to see the lines in the attached pic, several hours before I expect to see them, which of course, spoils the entire replay session.

Let me know if you need any data files, global chart object files, etc. to reproduce.

Comment

Hello mgin98,

Thank you for your response.

So that we can see if there are any issues taking place in the background, please send us your log & trace files for one of the effected (replay) days.

You can find these in your (My) Documents folder at the file path:
            1. NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
            2. NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Just attach these text (.txt) files and send your email/response to support AT ninjatrader DOT com.

Thank you,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
            6 responses