Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing minutes data

Hi Support,

I have good minute data till around last Friday 4:45 pm EST, but after then when I restarted IB and Ninja, I am not getting filled. I tried the restart several times and it was not filling. After a few times it gave the pacing error, but I again tried it after 30 mins and it was'nt updating any data.

The control centre was reflecting the latest ES data, but it was not updating in charts. Is it possible to configure in Ninja so that when a pacing error comes, after 5 mins, it automatically requests and downloads data from IB.

Please advise how to get this minute data?

Thanks
    RK

Chating

Hello,

Please open a new Chart and in the Format data Series window you have set just 15 days back of historical data and the Last Date is set to todays date.

Once you have done this, please reload the the data from the Control Center -> Tools -> Historical Data -> Reload.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I tried what you said. I opened a new chart and set it for 15 days. When I did a reload, I am getting the standard "pacing violation" error. I do not understand why I am getting this error, even though I waited for like 5 hours before computer restart and did this.

I would appreciate your advise, so that I can get back to my working charts. Right now, no charts are loading. Just to test if there is anything wrong with "IB feed", I tried Sierracharts and it is downloading data properly without any errors similar to "pacing violation"

I appreciate your time on this.

Thanks
      RK

Comment

Charting

Hello,

Please send in a note to support at ninjatrader dot com, with a subject of attn Chris.

Comment

Chris,

I just emailed support with Attn Chris. I appreciate your advise.

Thanks
          RK

Comment

Chris, below is the log file. There are some date errors in it. I hope it is helpful to resolve my problem.

Thanks
            RK

=================================
            9/10/2007 11:37:01 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
            9/10/2007 11:36:59 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting,
            9/10/2007 11:36:51 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected,
            9/10/2007 9:22:43 AM,Connection,NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation,
            9/10/2007 9:22:29 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
            9/10/2007 9:22:28 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting,
            9/10/2007 9:22:24 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected,
            9/10/2007 8:44:45 AM,Connection,NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation,
            9/10/2007 8:44:35 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
            9/10/2007 8:44:34 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting,
            9/10/2007 8:44:29 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected,
            9/10/2007 8:40:40 AM,Connection,NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation,
            9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070810': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,
            9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070809': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,
            9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070808': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,
            9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070807': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,
            9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070806': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,
            9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070803': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,
            9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070802': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,
            9/10/2007 8:11:51 AM,Default,Max number of tickers has been reached 101,
            9/10/2007 8:11:47 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
            9/10/2007 8:11:44 AM,Connection,IB Datafeed: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting,
            =================================

Comment

Hi RK,

Can you tell me:
              - Which version of TWS you have installed
              - What version of NinjaTrader you have installed. Check under Help--> About

Also, the following message comes from IB and there is nothing we can do about: 9/10/2007 8:40:40 AM,Connection,NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation.

This message:
              9/10/2007 8:39:19 AM,Default,IB.IntradayRequest.Process: invalid datetime format '20070810': String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.,

Can you reproduce this? We would need the exact steps so we can investigate what transpired. Please be as specific as possible.

Vince
              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vince

TWS version details: Build 877.1,Sept 6,2007

Ninatrader version: 6.0.1000.3

Steps are as follows:
                ---------------------

1) Disconnect from IBdatafeed.
                2) Wait for sometime
                3) Connect to IBdatafeed.

Also what does that dataformat error mean? And what does the "maximum number of tickers reached 101" mean?

Is it possible you can call me or I can call you on phone. I would appreciate it.

Thanks
                RK

Comment

Hi RK,

We don't have an inbound phone support number.

As for the dataformat message, that's what we're trying to figure out. We need to know the exact steps to get to that message.

The 'Maximum amount of tickers have been reached 101' message comes from IB. It means that you have reached the maximum amount of datafeed streams. With IB you can have up to a maximum of 3 datafeed streams open at the same time.

The official supported version of TWS is currently 875. Can you downgrade to this version and then also upgrade your NinjaTrader version. Our current production release is V6.0.1000.5. We released this version last Friday.

Let me know if changing to these versions correct your issue.

Vince

Comment

Hi Vince,

How can I downgrade TWS version. Can you tell me the steps I need to take to do that. The way I login to TWS is,go to IB's homepage and select TWS in the drop menu on indicdual account page and it opens login prompt.

Also, why is the 101 message coming, when I am using Ninja with IB.

If I udate my Ninja version, will I loose my "templates" ? If yes, is there any way to do it so that I do not loose my templates?

Thanks
                    RK

Comment

RK,

You need to have the Standalone version, you are using the browser based version. You can download from here:
                      Optimize your trading speed and efficiency with Interactive Brokers’ Trader Workstation, a global trading system which lets you use a suite of online trading tools on over 100 markets worldwide from a single account.

The '101' message comes from IB and an explanation can be found in my previous reply.

When you upgrade editions you will not lose any templates or settings. You will only lost them if you completely uninstall the software.

Vince

Comment

Hi Vince,

I loaded TWS version 375 and also upgraded Ninja to 6.5.

I am still getting this "pacing violation" error. Do you think I am loading too many charts. I have 4 ES and 4 YM charts opened,thats all.

Appreciate your time in helping me get to use Ninja charts properly.

Thanks
                        RK

Comment

RK,

Yes, you need to close one since you can have a maximum of 3 datafeed streams open at the same time with IB. You have currently 4 running.
                          Restart the software and then open up a maximum of 3 datafeed streams.

Vince

Comment

Thanks Vince. Can you please clarify what you mean by "datafeed stream". Does it mean chart ?

So, I can have only maximum of 3 charts?

I tried with just 3 charts now,2 ES and 1 YM. And it giving in the log "Maximum number of tickers has been reached 101". Why do you think it is saying that ?

Thanks
                            RK
                            Last edited by RK_trader; 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

RK,

It means you can have a maximum of 3 different instruments selected at the same time. So you can only have 3 charts open.

Vince

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              170 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80  
                              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                              2 responses