Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with tick data from Gain

Hi

I am using Gain Capital for my real time Forex tick data through NT but I have a problem.

I'm online and connected to Gain all day long with my charts open and it runs all day long and the tick data comes through perfectly fine. I log off when I sleep.

The next day, the data collected the previous day reappears and all seems fine until I connect up with Gain. Then the problem occurs. Sometimes all is fine and the data collected yesterday remains intact. But very often the data collected yesterday gets cut off half way through the day.

So, for example, whereas I had all Forex data from the previous 2 days showing clearly on my charts when I logged off, the following morning when I log onto Gain I have all the data from the day before yesterday still showing BUT the data from yesterday's charts starts from yesterday afternoon. In other words all the data from yesterday morning has disappeared.

To give you a specific example: I had full 144 tick data showing for EURJPY from 09:28 hours on the morning of 06/09/07 right up to 21:59 hours on 07/09/07. (By the way, the previous data for the morning of 06/09/04 had inexplicably disappeared from the chart).Yesterday morning (08/09/07) I went back online and connected to Gain and all data from after 23:50 hours on 06/09/07 to before 20:48 07/09/07 has gone - totally disappeared! So I have 27 hours and 3 minutes of tick data missing.

It seems like Gain sometimes overwrites the data that's been downloaded the previous day BUT not always because sometimes I manage to have 3 full days of data showing on my current chart. Reloading historical data makes no difference at all.

Is there some way that I can save the day's data I have downloaded to the Ninja Trader files from Gain at the end of each day into a separate file and then reload it after I have connected to Gain each morning? Is this a possible way to solve this problem?

Penelope

Under Tools > Account Connections, select your GAIN connection, select 'Use NinjaTrader Servers' for the Historical Data option.

This should take care of your issue.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem with tick data from Gain

That's brilliant Ray! Thank you for sorting me out so promptly

Penelope

Comment

Gain data feed

hi,

i have connected to the gain feed successfully but i can only backdata for minute and tick data.

Does the Gain feed not provide daily and weekley, monthly bars?

The only way for me to work on a daily time frame if to set ninja to 1440minute bars i dotn know if its the ninja backdata server or the actual gain feed that doent have the daily bars?

Comment

Hello andrew2999,

Unfortunately this is as expected; only historical minute and tick data is supported.

Gain only provides historical tick and minute data for 1 day, while the NinjaTrader server provides much more historical data. Unfortunately, both do not support historical daily data.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses