• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick EOD no longer providing data

Hi,

I connect to Kinetick EndOfDay.
    When I open a new chart for a symbol that I have not collected data for,
    (meaning I was not connected to the market or did not have a chart or MarketAnalyzer
    open for that symbol), I simply get an empty chart as shown in the 6J-20100825.jpg attachment.

If I open a chart for a symbol where I had a live feed connected for a portion of time,
    then I get a chart with only the data filled in where I was connected to the market.

What do I need to do to get Kinetick to fill the chart in both these cases?

I have attached my Options->Data tab settings in case that is relevant.

Thanks,
    -Gary
    Attached Files

Hello GaryAlbers

Thank you for your post.

What time interval do you have the chart set? Since Kinetick is end of day data, you will need to use Daily bars (e.g., Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly).

In order to fill in the minute data, you will need to connect to a provider that supports historical minute data.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Mathew,

Thanks for pointing out that it is only good for Day time frame charts.
      That leaves me with 2 points:

1) What symbol should be used, or how to configure things, to get a years worth of futures daily data?

2) I reviewed several places where you all promote free End Of Day data and I could not
      find any place where it specifies Day time frame only.
      IMHO,the phrase End Of Day does not mean day time frame only. It is more a qualifier of when you get your data not what time frame you are allowed to get. Perhaps this could
      be clarified on your marketing collateral.

-Gary

Comment

Hello GaryAlbers,

1) I'm not sure if I follow. The free Kinetick feed should already be setup to plot a years worth of daily data. If you select "Daily" bars when creating a chart, it should fill in with historical Daily bars. Please let me know if this is not the case.

If you were referring to a years worth of intraday data, you would need to subscribe to a data provider that supports historical minute data.

Please review our Help Guide article on Historical Data for more information on this subject:
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

2) I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. If you're interested in subscribing to intraday data through Kinetick, real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees wavied if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more information.

Furthermore, I have included information below on how to obtain discounted rates and free trials from the following datafeed providers.

Barchart.com (subscriptions starting at $45/monthly):

IQFeed offers a 7-day free trial for NinjaTrader users:

eSignal promotional rate for NinjaTrader clients:

In addition, a Zen-Fire trial feed is provided by supported broker partners, such as Mirus Futures and Amp Futures.

Mirus Futures
        NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Amp Futures
        AMP Futures provides traders Ultra-Cheap Commissions, Super-Low Margins, Excellent 24-hour Customer Service, and a Huge Selection of 50+ Trading Platforms.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lightsun47  
        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
        1 response
        0 likes