Basic Beginner Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Beginner Help

I just got Ninja trader and am having trouble with some basic set up. I'm looking to back test a simple break out strategy with a trailing exit on ASX listed stocks. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some basic help.

- I wanted to know where I can get the data to back test the strategy. Is there anyway to load in every stock on the asx or atleast the top 200 or 300 etc?

- Where would one begin developing a strategy to back test?

In regarrds to implementing a strategy:

is it possible for NT to scan end of day data on a range of stocks listed to look for entries based on say 20day breakout etc?

Is it possible to link NT with a broker to to have entries and exits sent to?
    Last edited by Mwenya; 08-23-2010, 03:18 AM. Reason: Review Punctuation

Mwenya, welcome to our forums - to aquire the data you would need for example a 3rd party datafeed like eSignal offering access to it. The individual stocks you need would need to be setup in NinjaTrader's instrument manager, for more efficiency a stock symobl list can be imported as well here -

To start developing a strategy that could eventually be traded to our supported brokers (http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...ng_brokers.htm) you should take a look at our Strategy Wizard interface first, it offers a point and click approach to strategy generation :

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Massinisa  
    Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes