Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

Again, given this has been ongoing since Aug, can you please organise a reply from someone who is able to provide some concrete answers on the topic?

Thanks and regards,

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

There's not an update available beyond what you've been provided already.

Development's only focus is the release of NinjaTrader 7 as it stands currently. After release, the topic of 64 bit support for eSignal will be revisited - there is no ETA for implementation.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

At this time, expanding native 64-bit support for existing connectivity providers (eSignal and TT) are on our list for future consideration. We have not committed this to development and is low on our priority list based on demand. Alternatively, we do offer Kinetick (www.kinetick.com) as an alternative for 64-bit market data service connectivity.

I am the CEO of NinjaTrader.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

Could you provide an indication of the number of clients using Esignal vs other providers? A percentage breakdown e.g. 60% Kinetick, 20% IB. That would help me understand how low a priority it is?

I think we also need to need to acknowledge that Chip (see start of thread) was wrong to send us to the other vendors. As per your and Kyle’s note it appears the development is on NT’s side, not on TT or Esignal’s.

Thanks and regards,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
            At this time, expanding native 64-bit support for existing connectivity providers (eSignal and TT) are on our list for future consideration. We have not committed this to development and is low on our priority list based on demand. Alternatively, we do offer Kinetick (www.kinetick.com) as an alternative for 64-bit market data service connectivity.

I am the CEO of NinjaTrader.
            It would be nice to expand the 64 bit to TT.

Comment

NT Support,

It’s now be 6 months after this exchange and a number of releases later – still no 64-bit connectively to Esignal.

I think we are our owned an answer now on the timeframe on this.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

Hello drolles,

I have a message in to our Development Department to see if I can provide any update.
                ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

I have checked into this and we do not currently have an ETA on when these will be available.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                  ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip,

Thanks very much for checking in it.

Unfortunately, I no longer accept that as an answer. If you are unable to get an update please escalate this to someone to can give us a date and time of delivery. It has been over 6 months since this tread was opened and a number of NT7 releases later. No ETA is no longer acceptable.

Thanks and regards,

Dan
                    Last edited by drolles; 06-06-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Chip,

Obviously, I don’t believe for a second that you personally are responsible for the message coming out. My frustration isn’t aimed at you personally.

Kind regards,

drolles

Comment

Dan,

This is Vince.

Chip is correct in his answer. We don't have an ETA at all yet for 64-bit support with eSignal. Although post #18 dates back from last year, nothing has changed in that regard.

As Ray mentions, we have Kinetick available as an alternative feed.

Should you have any additional questions, you can contact me through my private email.

Vince
                        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vince,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Though, I’m a little unsure why our position – no ETA is no longer acceptable is unclear? Do you feel that is unclear? Does anyone on this thread ask about Kinetick (and the fact that NT management have a equity stake – hence the continued push). We ask specific about Esignal. So again, what is the ETA of 64 bit integration with Esignal?

To me, if you still are not able to answer the question you obviously no longer have your customers interest at the forefront of what you are doing.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

NinjaTrader does have down the possibility of adding 64-bit eSignal support. The time frame is not provided because the work is not scheduled to be done so development cannot provide a time frame to complete something that is not scheduled to be completed. In reviewing our current priority list it is unlikely that the status of this request will change for the foreseeable future. The reason for this is that in the total scope of items and features requested, this item is of a lower priority. I understand that personally for you this is a very high priority but in allocating development priority we look at the totality of what needs to be completed including all client requests and in that regard it is rated low, it is not scheduled to be done and as such no time frame for completion can be provided. Sincerely - John

Comment

Hi I would like to provide some feed back and say that it would be great to have the ability to use esignal with NT 64 bit. I would be happy to use Kinetick as a data provider however there is no international stock data available for exchanges such as the ASX.

This and a few other issues such as the inability to zoom out past 5 years on daily chart has stopped me from purchasing a live NT version.

On a positive note in general I think the NT software is great and so are the support staff.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your nice comments and feedback.

With Kinetick several exchanges will be added at the end of the year. Once of them is the ASX, however only for commodities. We have Stocks on our radar as well however don't have any news about this yet.

So far the we have the following exchanges and Market Depth confirmed to be added around the end of the year. At this time we don't have an exact ETA available.
                                Futures:
                                * Tokyo Commodities Exchange (TOCOM)
                                * Tokyo Grain Exchange (TGE)
                                * Dalian (China)
                                * Zhengzhou (China)
                                * Australian Securities Exchange (Commodities only)
                                Level II Stocks:
                                * Nasdaq TotalView
                                * ARCA book
                                * DirectEdge
                                * BATs

For the zooming issue, you most likely hit the maximum zoom capacity so therefore you can not zoom beyond the 5 years.
                                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post emuns
                                by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                                6 responses