Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a challenge with the Strategy Analyzer

Hi There,

I've run into a challenge with the strategy analyzer. I am seeking to analyze a strategy, but when I go to load a new strategy on a contract in the analyzer, none of the variables load.
    A few more details:

- I have already changed the names of all variables in the strategy so they do not share names with any other strategies (as per 1st thread in this forum)
    - The strategy has 3 timeframes (Is this a problem for the Analyzer?)
    - The strategy has 17 Variables (Is this a problem for the Analyzer?)
    - The strategy code has compiled without errors.

I'm a bit stumped - any suggestions?

Thanks,

Learning1

More insight ...

I had a number of indicators added to the initialize section of the strategy. In the code, I had added some of these indicators to one timeframe and some to another.

When I deleted the timeframes associated with each indicator in the code, the parameters for the strategy now load in the Strategy analyzer, but the entries and exits do not show in the chart related to the strategy.

If I load the strategy into a chart, I get all the indicators in all the timeframes on that chart (which is only a single timeframe that optimally has only one or two indicators on it) and the entries and exits do not show.

I guess my new question is a bit more generic than the one I started this thread with: How can I effetively visualize the entries and exits of a strategy when it is taking entry and exit rules from multiple timeframes?

Thanks,

Learning1

Comment

On your 1st post. None of the points you raised are an issue.

Only properties defined in the following manner will display as input variables.

[Description("Period for fast MA")]
      [Category("Parameters")]
      public int Fast
      {
      get { return fast; }
      set { fast = Math.Max(1, value); }
      }

The above property points to a local variable named 'fast'. It is important that properties are set up with the [Category] & [Description].

I am not sure what you mean with reference to post #2. During a backtest, the entries and exits will execute on the data series you have selected to test on. With the current release of NT, you can not enter on anything other than the primary series of each instrument in a strategy.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
      1 response
      0 likes