help with indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with indicator

Hi there, I've been trying to figure out the software for a basic cci setup. No big bells, no sidewinder or anything (I've seen the woodies cci script out there but I want something way more basic!).

What I would like is (see the jpeg attached)

14 cci on top pane
    50 cci on bottom pane
    14 ema, 34 ema and 204 ema

I would like the colours and lines to be similar to the ones on the chart (I can only get a solid line or bars going not sure how to get both at same time).

I have tried to create it in NT but it's clearly a laughable attempt (see second attached pic).

Also I would like to have the vertical and horizontal grey lines removed from the NT platform and I am not sure how.

Can someone point me the way how I can drastically improve on my attempt or write a script? Much appreciated. Sarah W.
    Attached Files

Hello upupnorth,
    Welcome onboard
    What I suggest? basically proceed step by step coding your custom indicator, place many Prints as you need and check step by step your script output.

1st that's so easy....press F1 and try search and understand as well we did
    2nd to remove horizontal grey lines dbl left click on the chart pane->grid lines->true/false
    3rd Why you do not use woodies CCI? it's a buit in indicator, perfectly working, add 1st 14cci then add 2nd...set it to pane 2-3 as u prefer
    To add averages right click the chart indicatros->whatever u want...

Ciao
    Marce
    Last edited by MrBaffalo; 08-29-2007, 11:35 AM.

Comment

P.S. you will find Ninja many many useful to code as Ensign, you just need to follow example and to spend some time on c sharp.
      Marce

Comment

Thanks MrBaffalo. I took some of your advice. Can you or anyone else help me add a histogram to the cci? As you can see from the attached pic I am doing sllghtly better

As for why I want to develop my own 'chart look"? I am simply used to my chart looking a certain way and I like to stick to what works for me.

Thanks, Sarah W.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sarah,

Take a look at some of the user submitted indicators in the File Sharing area. There are some indicators that make use of histograms. Open up the indicators and review the code to get an idea of how they do it.

All you really need to do is add a plot with a style of Bar. The user submitted files should help.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray, I am about as green on this as possible and would like your hand on this. I have looked at other indicators that have a histogram (like woodie's cci) but I am not sure how to add an additional plot. The attached shows you my current cci indicator. How do I add an additional plot? Thanks. I really appreciate your help. Sarah
            Attached Files

Comment

I see, I think we are two different pages. You have to do this via custom programming. You can't do this via the user interface.

Comment

So I gather there is no help forthcoming on this? I like to know because I will just stick with ensign. Thanks. Sarah

Comment

I am not sure if this is exactly what you want but what you could do is add another CCI plot to the same panel as the first one. Then edit this second CCI indicator, under the "Plots" section, change the "Plot Style" to "Bar".

Hopefully this will work for you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok that is useful information. Adding another cci. Thank you. Attached is the result. Obviously I like to make it look more like the ensign chart as posted in the first post and I'll see if someone can help me more in the sharing section. I don't think I am able to do the scripting myself so would like to have help on this. If anyone who reads this post can help me out I would be grateful. Thanks Ray. Sarah.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by upupnorth; 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM. Reason: adding line

Comment

Indicator

Hi

I am a new user of NinjaTrader. Would like to know if I can have 3 diff, indicators, in the same window, eg, show stockh. 3 diff types in the same window below the price chart.

Thanks
                      Zee

Comment

Hello:

Thank you for your post.

In your indicators menu, go to the Indicator Properties and change to Panel 2 for all of your indicators.

Your indicators will then show up next to each other.

Which indicators are you wanting to have next to each other?

Best regards,
                        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Indicator

Hi Ray:

Thanks for answering. I want to put the indicators, on top of each other in one window/panel, not side by side, I am thinking about 3 diff. stochks, on top of each orther.

Can you please explain how to do it

Thanks
                          Zee

Comment

Hi Zee,

Each indicator has a property called "Panel", just set whatever indicators you want to share the same panel, to the same panel number. Keep in mind, we do not support separate scales per panel thus if the indicators you wish to share on a single panel do not share the same scale, some indicators will look compressed.

Comment

Sarah,

I will be posting a CCI indicator in the shares section in the next couple of days. Its multiple CCIs on one indicator, using modifications to John Ehler's Adaptive CCI. I don't know how much you want to learn about Adaptive CCIs but certainly the graphical parts of the indicator should help you get something closer to what you want.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Leafcutter  
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Max238