Lost orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost orders

My net connection died after placing an order on NT - looks like the order died . NT showed the order on the super-dom, but no execution. After I re-statrted NT, also no execution or position - so I assume the order died .

Broker cant confirm immediately if order is filled and asks me to call back in 30 minutes. Broker doesnt show any fill, but wont confrim nothing done for 30 minutes. How can NT work so that if an order is lost, the trader knows there isnt some fill somewhere that I wont find out about in 3 hours?

Please advise.

imported post

NT reports information provided by the broker. If you placed an order and then your internet connection died, upon re-connect, NT will report back the current state of all orders, positions and executions. If an order is in a terminated state (Cancelled, Filled, Rejected) then you know that there will be no more executions coming against that order. If the order is in another state then further executions are possible since it is not in a terminated state. I would proceed to cancel the order.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I re-confrimed with the broker that nothing done - the 20 minutes is whats bothersome.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH