Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts and price-position in window

Hello,

I might have a strange question: sometimes it happens that the charts or indicators (gom volume ladder) move to the border of the window or almost disappear (or maybe hidden by some labels). Is there a - fast - possibility to bring back the chart - or even better the actual price - to the center of the window? Or to move the chart somehow up or down? (without to squeeze at the y-axis, this I know how to make it smaller). I mean to move the chart as it is in same size.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 07-19-2010, 01:06 PM. Reason: Additional information to the question

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thanks for your reply. Currently I use 6.5 but after having received confirmation of live account today I´m gonna purchase NinjaTrader 7.0. In this concern I now have to ask if I can use either 6.5 or NT 7 because some of the settings and indicators I need are not ready for NT7 as the developers wait for "no problems...no beta....or ...." before updating the indicators. So that you know what I mean I specify eg morning trading with 6.5 and evening trading with NT7. Now I work with 6.5.1000.15

Best regards
      Tony

Comment

Within NinjaTrader 6.5 the only option is to compress or expand the Y-Axis. Within NinjaTrader 7 however you may move the entire chart window vertically. To move the chart window vertically please use the steps I have provided below:
        • Move your mouse to the Y-Axis
        • Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard
        • Hold down the left mouse button
        • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse up or down.

You may download NinjaTrader 7 on the same PC as 6.5. NinjaTrader 7 will be a seperate installation and will not erase or affect NinjaTrader 6.5 at all however keep in mind you may only have on instance of NinjaTrader running at a time.

I have provided a link below where you may download NinjaTrader 7.

I have also provided a link below to our Support Forum that goes over what can and cannot be migrated from NinjaTrader 6.5 to 7.
        Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

As far as 3rd Party indicators you would need to contact them directly to verify if they have a version available for NinjaTrader 7.0.0.18.

Comment

Position chart and prices

Thank you for your reply. Ist it possible to set somehow that the actual price stays always in the center of the window? I have 4 screens with a lot of volume-ladder-charts. In case of price-movement (we all hope this will happen;-) I can not move the many charts with ctrl and the mouse.

Thanks and best regards
          Tony

Comment

WIthin NinjaTrader 6.5 the chart bars will automatically scale to be visible. Within NinjaTrader 7 if the chart bars are off the visible screen please click on the F in the upper right hand cornder to get the chart back to Automatic scaling.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses