Error when formating data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when formating data series

I get the followeing error when formating data series, I suspect it has something to do with additional intervals that I imported into NT, like custom Renko and Range bars. I have removed some of them but nothing has changed, any suggestion what to do now? The formating still works after pressing the ok button.
    Attached Files

Hi bogey20,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the error message can you please repair your NinjaTrader database. Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

Once you do that please create a new chart.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I repared the dbase but nothing has changed, still getting the error message, anything else can be done?

Comment

Hello,

Are you using NT7 or NT6.5?
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using NT 6.5

Comment

Hi bogey20,

Thank you for that clarification.

Since the repair database did not resolve that particular message can you please rename the database.

To rename the DB:
            • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
            • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> DB--> NinjaTrader.MDB.
            • Right click on NinjaTrader.MDB and select "Rename."
            • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.MDB."
            • Then restart the software.

Comment

The same problem even after renaming.

Comment

Hi bogey20,

If renaming the database does not resolve the issue then can you please reinstall the NinjaTrader application completely.

1. Please create a backup by going to File-->Utilities-->Backup. Please see the following link for more information.

Please make sure you copy your license key from the Help-->License Key because you will need following the reinstall.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                1. Close all running applications.
                2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
                4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
                5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                7. Reboot your machine.
                8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
                  Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

3. Please test the issue with your new installation of NinjaTrader, and please let us know if the issue persists.

4. If it does not please restore the saved backup using the steps below, and then test after restoration.
                • From within the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Restore...

• Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window

• Press the "Open" button

Comment

Finally resolved the problem without reinstaling NT. So for anybody else having this problem this a better solution. There was a problematic bar type script ThreeLineBreakBarTypeV1, but deleting it from the type folder is not enough, after that intelisense has to be triggered and this was the key.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 02:06 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by Mindset, Today, 01:27 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes