Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EnterLongLimit... and keep updating that order!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnterLongLimit... and keep updating that order!

Hi Ninja Team,

This one has me scratching my head. I want to EnterLongLimit at the EMA, and have my Limit order update if the EMA rises.

PHP Code:
    if (goLong)
        {

EnterLongLimit(EMA(8)[0], "Long 1a");
         {
         if (
    Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat && EMA(8)[0] > EMA(8)[1])  EnterLongLimit(EMA(8)[0], "Long 1a"); 
         }

} 
    That code doesn't look right... and isn't working. Is there a simple way to do this without going the IOrders route? What I don't want is to cancel/replace on every bar, but instead only cancel/replace the limit entry to the new EMA level if the EMA is rising.

Thanks!

MXASJ, per default orders expire at the next OnBarUpdate(), however you can also send liveUntilCancelled and then just update / resubmit if needed (your limit price changing and still not in position) -

EnterLongLimit(int barsInProgressIndex, bool liveUntilCancelled, int quantity, double limitPrice,string signalName)

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand!

What's doing my head in is this:

PHP Code:
      if (goLong)
      {
      EnterLongLimit(0trueposSizeEMA(8)[0], "Long 1a");

Should work (testing it now), but the EnterLongLimit price will not be resubmitted until goLong == true again, even if the EMA has risen in the mean time. Its like I need seperate logic where:

if a working limit order is in place and the current EMA(8) is greater than that limit order price, new limit order price = EMA(8)[0].

That's where I'm wading out of my depth and am open to any and all suggestions. The logic of "if a working order is in place" is where I'm stumbling.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure how you've setup your GoLong condition, but couldn't perhaps use two conditions, one for the initial setup, and one to adjust then if the EMA value changes - if you submit the limit order again (old one working) it would just amend / change the already working order.

Comment

Danke Bertrand,

I understand and have already been playing with a new "beLong" as well as the existing "goLong" condition.

One last question though... if my EMA/limit is at, say 1.2575 and on the next bar it is still at 1.2575, will it cancel/replace at the same price (sending me to the back of the queue) or will it be smart enough to know the price has not changed and not cancel/replace?

I've tried looking at the logs to check the behavior if the bar-to-bar EMA/Limit price remains unchanged but its hard work. Many thanks for your time.

Comment

You're welcome, it should not replace this order then, as there's already an identical one working I believe - best is to enable TraceOrders to look under the 'hood' and debug your individual order behaviour -

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Graci117, Today, 11:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Graci117  
            Started by BIOK.NT, Today, 01:56 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes