X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

candlestick adjustment and fixed price range

hello guys,
    need a help here
    i want to use ninjatrading charting togerther withe the ganner anylisis tool
    pls refer below for the requirement fromm ganner anylisis..
    their support say its work with ninjatrader but i cannot find any candlestick anfd price range adjusstment...
    pls help me and thanks in advance

Using the GUNNER24 Forecasting Charting Software you should work with the
    following candlestick adjustment. You should set up the bar scaling between 6 and 7
    pixels. Set up the candle width to 5 pixels and the candle distance to 1 pixel.
    And you should not often increase the distance between the candles to 2 or 3 pixels,
    for instance if perhaps you are not content with the Setup since the time lines do not
    check exactly or the price data does not follow the double arcs precisely. Generally
    spoken, we just recommend you to experiment on the candlestick setups of your
    charting software.
    You may also try lines or bar charts. Thus, you simply get better trading results,
    maybe. Every trader has to be allowed to follow his habits. As a general attitude you
    may make clear to yourself: The more correspondence there is between the time lines
    and the price data the more you can be positive that your personal GUNNER24 Setup
    fits.
    In your charting software, you should pay attention to the possibility that by scrolling
    and moving your charts might scale automatically. Always work with a fixed price
    range in the chart. Thus you can always be sure that the drawn candles will not move
    in terms of height since they must adjust to an automatic price scale.
    From our point of view, the candlestick charts afford some other advantages vs. the
    bar charts. Better readability for instance. As well, you can count faster the single
    candles than the single bars. On the highly dissolving screens, visually you receive
    more information by candlesticks charts which save your eyes and your brain over
    the years

Hello centepede,

Please see the link below for instructions to navigate our charts.

It will provide instructions to (de)compress the X and Y axis and other information such as below.

Incremental Bar Width and Spacing
    Up arrow key + CTRL key held down decreases bar spacing
    Down arrow key + CTRL key held down increases bar spacing
    Up arrow key + ALT key held down decreases bar width
    Down arrow key + ALT key held down increases bar width
    Click on the "Bar stye" chart toolbar icon to access bar width and spacing functions

However, please note that our charts in NinjaTrader 6.5 will use automatic scaling - fixed scaling is not possible.

NinjaTrader 7 (which is still in beta) does support fixed scaling. You can download and install NinjaTrader 7 at the following link.

Please see the link below for information to navigate charts in version 7.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you for the reply ..few question here

1)pls clarify me on this, to make a fixed scalling, right click on the price axis, click properties and on the range column change to "fixed" , is that correct?

2)for the candlestick adjustment,

Incremental Bar Width and Spacing
      Up arrow key + CTRL key held down decreases bar spacing
      Down arrow key + CTRL key held down increases bar spacing
      Up arrow key + ALT key held down decreases bar width
      Down arrow key + ALT key held down increases bar width
      Click on the "Bar stye" chart toolbar icon to access bar width and spacing functions

but in the requirement is required

following candlestick adjustment. You should set up the bar scaling between 6 and 7
      And you should not often increase the distance between the candles to 2 or 3 pixels

how to i make an adjustmend based on pixel....yes i can adjust the candle spacing , width and vertically, but how do i know i make a corect adjustmanet cause i dont have the pixel reference?

3) how to set up bar scalling 6-7 pixel..i dont find bar scalling adjustment..?
      thanks in advance
      Last edited by centepede; 07-05-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Hello centepede,

1. Yes, that is correct as per version 7.

2. Unfortunately we do not support pixel values as per these functions. You can enter numerical values for the bar width in the Data Series menu of the chart, however it does not represent pixels.

3. Can you please tel me what is referred as 'bar scaling' - I am not sure if I follow.

Comment

And you should not often increase the distance between the candles to 2 or 3 pixels

hello..thanks for the reply
          from my understanding as per statement above provided by the ganner charting,
          there are 3 candle adjustment have to make
          1) candle width
          2)candle spacing
          3)bar scaling= i belive this can be done by left click the vertical axis and adjust up/down thus adjusting the candle height

since this adjustment given by pixel, i try to work it out with the chart cause the charting software owner recomend ninja trader as chart/data provider...

thanks

Comment

I see. Yes, you can (de)compress the Y-axis to change the vertical scale of price bars as you mention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AaronKoRn  
            Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes