opentick history data load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opentick history data load

When I connect to opentick, it automatically tries to load history data right away for all symbols in Market Analyzer and/or in open charts.

1) Is there a way to not load data automatically, rather I want to reload history data myself manually for the symbols I care to reload (using Tool->Hisotry Data->Reload)?

Having an option to reload all or just reload symbols I choose would be nice.

2) Does "Options->Data->Tick and Volume Bars, or Minute Bars " control how many days of history data I want to reload?

I selected "Options->Data->Tick and Volume Bars"=1 but it still reloads several days of data for my tick charts.

How do I (or Can I ) tell NT just reload X days of hisotry data?

3) If I have collected real-time tick data from 8am-9am, but there is no data between say 1am to 8am. At 9am I then connect to opentick to load history tick data and it gave me data up to say 8:30am. Not getting tick data up to 9am is opentick's limitation which is fine, but NT also get rid of data I already collected from 8:30am to 9am. So I now have a new data gap between 8:30am to 9am. Is this a bug?

Hi,

1) Unfortunately there is not. The only thing I can think of as a workaround is to create different instrument lists, create different MA templates. Close any MA's prior to shutting down NT, when restarting, open a new MA, apply the template you want and load the instrument list you want.

2) No, it just sets a default value when creating new charts. To control the amount of historical bar data, see the MA's properties "# bars to look back". If you set it to 1000, it will load aproximately 1000 bars.

3) NT will always reload current day's data from the provider and thus, if there is a gap in OT data for current day, this data will be overwritten.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

1) Can we make it possible to let me manually reload? NT needs not be that smart to do the work I don't appreciate

2) I set MA's "# bars to look back" to 100, and set Chart's Format Data Series->Range Settings->Days back to 5. When I load history tick data, it should only load about the MOST RECENT 100 bars, correct?

And the rest of data I want to chart will come from whatever I have in my DB files?

3) I am not sure I undersand you.

What I try to say is this: NT should fill the data up to the latest available bars from history data provider, and if there is data in DB files that are more recent than the most recent history data then NT should keep those data already in DB files.

For example (I am using tick data):

I have data gap from 11 pm to 8am, I have collected real-time data from 8am to 9am, and suppose at 9am opentick history data only gives me data up to 8:30am. After reloading history data, current NT only charts data up to 8:30am, data from 8:30am to 9am, which were already stored in DB file, is wiped out. I think the data from 8:30am to 9am should be kept.

Comment

1) Will add to list for possible future enhancements.

2) It will load approximately 100 bars of data for the largest time frame on your MA. If you have an indicator column with 1 min data and another with 15 minute data, then it will load 100 bars of 15 data which could be about 5 days.

3) No it is not a bug, NT reloads historical data for the current day from the provider to ensure the data is up to date. I can see the problem you run into and have it on my list to investigate to see if technically the logic can be improved.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
        1 response
        0 likes