NT freezes up halfway through opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use NT Simulated Trading. The splash screen comes up, then the Control Centre window. The splash screen indicates "restoring workspace", it loads a couple of charts and then stops before completing the task and nothing else happens. I can't click on 'file' or anything else - it's all frozen. In Task Manager it shows "Running" status. The only way to clear my screen is to select Control Center in Task Manager and then click on "end task". I've tried to open up NT several times and the same thing happens every time today. Should I uninstall NT and start over? If you say I should uninstall, is there some way I can save my Forex (thru Gain) historic data before uninstalling?

Penelope

Hi Penelope,

Thank you for your post and reporting of this error.

Please provide us with the following information and we will contact you on how to proceed.

1. What version of Windows are you currently operating on?

2. Do you have the latest Windows updates installed?

3. What are your PC specs? Specifically, we are looking for processor and RAM specifications.

4. What version of NT are you running? To verify, go to Help > About.

5. Which datafeed/broker connection are you connected to? Also, in which connection sequence (i.e. I connect to Open Tick and the IB)?

6. Have you installed any 3rd Party NinjaTrader indicators/strategies? If yes, please specify which ones and of which version.

7. Can you re-produce this behavior?

If yes, please provide the exact steps taken in order to re-produce.

If no, can you provide an idea of what happened when the error occured?

8. If there is an exception pop up box, please press the "Details" button if one exists and email the error text (if there is a "View contents of error report" we would like that pressed and see if there is additional information)

9. If there is an error box, but no 'Details' button, please copy and pasted the information in the error box and send this to us as well.

10. Please send us your trace and log files and database. Do this by Help > Mail to support and ensure that 'Zip and Attach trace and log files' is checked and 'zip and attach db' is checked.

Reference this post in the Subject field.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vincent

I seem to have fixed it by going to remove programs and clicking on "repair". Now it's working fine. I've managed to open NT, go online to Gain and the charts are all working up to date so I haven't lost any historical data. Fingers crossed it will continue to work fine........

So once again I'm a happy Ninja Traderer!

Penelope

Comment

Hi Penelope,

Thanks for reporting back.

Enjoy the rest of your day and Happy Trading!!

Vince
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses