Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too easy to close the chart and SDom

Hi,
    This was requested some time ago by other user but we see no changes regarding this matter. It is too easy to close the chart. One can close the chart, the super dom unintentionally during the trading hrs which happens to me today and they would be closed w/out any alerts. I think the confirmation alert when closing any window should be the standard and default funct... It is much easier, faster and cheaper to confirm/cancel the close then to open a new chart then apply the template etc... There could be an option to cancel those alerts.
    Regards, Art.

Hello Art09,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I will forward this request to our development team as well for future considerations to the NinjaTrader platform.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have to agree with this! Another option would be to have the ability to open charts individually from within a workspace.

Comment

Originally posted by trade.ripper View Post
        I have to agree with this! Another option would be to have the ability to open charts individually from within a workspace.
        Hello trade.ripper,

Can you please clarify what you mean by opening charts individually from within a workspace.

Comment

I think it would make a lot of sense if the charts are treated similar to a Word document and each workspace is like a directory. You could still have the workspace.xml in the directory but that directory would also contain individual xml files for each window.

If we accidentally close a chart we could simply open that chart again by browsing to that workspace and finding the chart.

Since NT employs the individual window layout scheme there is a lot of dragging and resizing going on. If you close a window that you spent a ton of time annotating - its GONE! ***POOF*** GONE - 1 CLICK!

Comment

I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

In the meantime if you have a Workspace that has been saved and you accidentally close a window you may close the Workspace without saving then re-open the Workspace to populate all windows as they had previously been saved during another session.

Comment

Yep and thats what I do. But then the dilemma is if you have worked on several other charts and then close a chart. Then you have to figure out what is going cause the smallest headache. The best rule for any program is to save - and save often! NT could save us on the Advil with a simple "Are you absolutely sure you want to close this window??" dialog box.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, trade.ripper.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rene69851  
                Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes