Volume Delta Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Volume Delta as Moving Average

Along the same lines as Gibby- It would be great to have the difference between the Buy and Sell volume in a bar as an indicator that can then be set up as a long and short Moving Average cross-over.

KBJ- is this something that you have the time to do? (I would do it myself - but It's been a long time since I've programmed - e.g. PL1, Pascal, etc.)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum View Post
      As a further example of a brilliant market delta volume tool, take a look at this..... http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/vb.htm

I love the ability to use the "VB" tool in the cumulative mode to track the ES volume flow through the day....to see if the market is "net" negative or positive at s/r areas. This type of tool would be excellent in V6.5
      Investor RT really has a handle on these type of volume indicators . Delta bars , vwap bands , volume area's charted . I would also like to see these
      implemented in Ninja as soon as possible .

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
        Investor RT really has a handle on these type of volume indicators . Delta bars , vwap bands , volume area's charted . I would also like to see these
        implemented in Ninja as soon as possible .
        Well, good luck with that T2020.. We haven't seen much in this regard for
        quite awhile. I suspect it is more a matter of not knowing the code behind those indicators, thus no one has ported them over to NT. There might also be other reasons, but not being a programmer myself, I am not privy to what they might be. A fellow ginned up a very clever Time and Sales based (bid versus ask) volume oscillator that he calls the BuySell Strength Indicator (you can just look it up on Google if you want to see how it operates).

Unfortunately, he stopped selling the indicator outright and he instead now leases it monthly so that you end up paying for it again and again and again.

Anyway, I certainly support your desires for better volume tools for Ninjatrader. Maybe we will see something new in that regard when they come out with 7.0 next year.

Happy Trading

Comment

Here's a guy that wrote something like what we've been talking about ,
          (for Ninja) but he hasn't answered my email about it ????

The look is different , maybe better ?

Comment

Volume Tools....etc

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
            Here's a guy that wrote something like what we've been talking about ,
            (for Ninja) but he hasn't answered my email about it ????

The look is different , maybe better ?
            If you mean what is found at that link under New Development.. .that is an old example of something they programmed up for ViperSpeedTrader... There was an old thread on elitetrader about that by the fellow who developed the idea and reportedly trades it. They won't give you info on it as it is proprietary.

As to not hearing back from them, well if they actually got your inquiries it does seem a bit unprofessional for them not to have replied, but I think I read elsewhere here on the forum about a similiar situation. Of course, they could also just be on an extended vacation or only dabble in programming for traders occasionally for all I know.

I actually far prefer the BuySell Strength indicator, but again.. that is proprietary and available only via monthly subscription.

Happy Trading

Comment

Well , lets hope that Ninja surprises up with a whole new complete suite
              of volume indicators in V.7 ...

Comment

Fin-Alg

I have been using Fin-Algs demo for ninja trader, Its free for 30 days and it is an unbeleivable tool. I highly recomend it, and even after the demo 50 bucks a month is a great deal for this powerful software.

if you demo it please say

timothy brandon

sent you

again i cant recomend it enough

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post bltdavid