Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charting NSE from Yahoo

Hello,

I have been trying to chart NSE data from yahoo in NT but have been unable to do so. Perhaps someone could help me with the steps to setup the same in NT.

The URL for the yahoo chart is http://in.finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=^NSEI

1. Can I see daily charts in NT using this yahoo url?
    2. If yes, what are the steps I need to do to set this up?
    3. Can I see intraday NSE data using this URL?

I'll appreciate any support in helping me with this request.

Regards!!

Hi Eklavya,

Thank you for your post.

I have attached some screenshots of that Index, and how it can be setup to receive daily historical data from Yahoo.

The following link will detail the steps for creating an instrument, and you will use the screenshots for the specifics of this Index. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button

Unfortunately, you will not be able to view intraday data as Yahoo only supports daily historical data.
    Attached Files
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You Ryan for the response..yes this does work. I have a few follow up questions if you don't mind.

1. I tested and the steps are the same to configure Google finance charts. On a browser, we can view intraday charts for both yahoo and google. Is there any way we can configure NT so the same could be viewed on NT?

2. Is there any way we can do a bulk configuration of all the stocks of NSE and/or BSE using Yahoo or google as the data provider?

Regards!!

Comment

Hi,

1. It may be possible to view intraday charts on their websites, but their APIs which is what NinjaTrader uses to connect will only show historical daily chart data.

2. You can import data in bundles by going to File-->Utilities-->Import Stock List. Please see the following link for more information.

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I did this and was able to add the symbols. However for some reason the URL that got added was of yahoo instead of google, even thoough I was connected to google feed at the time. Do I need to do anything extra to ensure that google URL's get added?

Also, now I have some junk instruments in my master instrument list. Can I multiple select and delete them. Right now I am having to delete them one by one and it is a pain.

Comment

Hi Eklavya,

1. This is to be expected since NinjaTrader will update the URL with Yahoo Finance. If you wish to use Google Finance you will want to input that URL manually. I have forwarded this suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader.

2. You can only remove instruments one at a time, but perhaps the quickest way would be to rename the database. This would clear out historical data, added instruments and ATM strategies, but will have the effect of removing all of the junk instruments. It is not necessary to do this but merely a suggestion to start with the default database without any of the added instruments.

To rename the DB:
            • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
            • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.sdf.
            • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename."
            • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.sdf."
            • Then restart the software.

Comment

This helps..thanks Ryan. One last piece of help.

As you indictaed a couple posts ago that the API NT uses to pull Google data only fetches EOD data.
              I have access to intraday data in a text file. How can I upload that data into NT such that I see EOD charts using the google connection and intraday charts using the data I manually upload.

Many thanks for all the help.

Comment

Eklavya,

Provided that intraday is the correct format you can import that data by going to Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Import. Please see the following link for more information.

Comment

Need help in nse eod data

Hello
                  Setup Procedure For Accessing EOD NSE YAHOO Data In Ninja
                  Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                  0 responses