Unable to connect to database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to database

I am getting a database error (seen in attached image) when I run NinjaTrader 7 Beta 17. I'm not sure what the issue is, but from what I've search it might have to do with the .NET framework. I did a clean install of NinjaTrader including the My Documents folder, same issue. I installed .NET version 4, no luck. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    lawyse
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Affordable Indicators

There appears to be compatibility issues with Office 2010. I used System Restore to go back to Office 2007, and NinjaTrader 7 works again. If anyone has an idea of a solution, let me know. I would really like to be using Office 2010. Thanks!
    lawyse

Comment

Hi lawyse,

Thank you for that information, and glad you have diagnosed the issue.

If you send your log and trace files for today's date we can review those diagnostic files for precise causes so that we can see what we can do to solve the incompatibility.

Trace files are located in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->trace folder-->trace.20100618.txt and 0619.txt
      Log files are located in My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->log folder-->log.20100618.txt and 0619.txt
      Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

64 Bit Office 2010

Here's my experience:

64 Bit Office 2010 seems to be not compatable with 32 Bit NinjaTrader 7. 64 Bit Office 2010 IS compatable with 64 Bit NinjaTrader 7. I, however, need to use 32 Bit NinjaTrader 7 because I also use ZenFire. Therefore, I tried and did run 32 Bit NinjaTrader successfully with 32 Bit Office 2010 installed. Attached are the trace files when I was working on this over the last few days. Hope this helps!
        Attached Files
        lawyse

Comment

Hi lawyse,

Based on those trace files the message I see is related to the database, and you can repair the database.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
          • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
          • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
          • Select the "Data" tab
          • Press the "Repair DB" button
          • Press the "OK" button

If that does not resolve the issue can you please forward the log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. I would not recommend putting those files on the forum as they can sometimes contain licensing information, and other pieces that you will want to keep private. So you may want to edit that to remove those files and then forward them to support.

Comment

Exact same issue

I am having the exact same issue. I would run the database repair, however the error prevents access to the software. Any suugestion?

Comment

Can you send us your trace file. You can find it under Start menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20100804.txt.

Send it to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post. Someone will then get back to you after investigating.
              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Solution

Hey guys,

I had the same issue and I've been working through this with Kyle from support. He gave me the following solution which works:

------------------
                You likely have installed an outdated version on SQL Compact Edition. Please:
                • Go to Control panel
                • Add and remove software
                • Uninstall any SQL Compact Edition you'll see
                • NT7 comes with it's own copy of SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2, no need to have it installed
                • In case you needed it for different products then you needed to install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Note: If you're installing on a 64-bit Windows then you need to install both x86 and x64 versions.
                ------------------

I didn't have any old versions of SQL Compact Edition to uninstall, but once I installed both x86 and x64 versions of SQL Compact 3.5 SP2 everything worked fine again.

Comment

Hi ticktock,

Thank you for your post.

As a supplement regarding the issue you mentioned please see the following thread.

Comment

I''m also facing the same problems, both on a desktop as well as my laptop. I looked under Control Panel. There are no SQL installed.

Comment

Hi andycph,

If SQL is not installed then please install the following SQL CE version from the link below.

Additionally, can you please clarify if you upgraded to the most current beta, or if you have just installed recently.

Comment

OK. Seems to work now after I installed the SQL compact server 2005 (both 32 and 64 bit).

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post emuns
                        by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                        6 responses