Modifying LMT order stop loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying LMT order stop loss

I cannot try out the following right now as it's the weekend. I already believe it is and would like a simple confirmation. It concerns modifying the stoploss after it's placed. Here is an example.

I place a LONG LMT order with a profit target of let's say 50 ticks and a stop loss of 2. The price has moved up and I am already in profit by let's say 10 ticks. Can I now move the STOP LOSS red bar on the DOM higher up to beyond my entry price let's say for example by 5 ticks?

I know from practice that I can do this usually to move the STOP LOSS down to get it out of the way for an incidental kick out. Just do not know if I can move it up (in the case of going long) and beyond my entry price as I approach my profit target. I hope my question is clear and I look forward to your answer.

sandman

Hello,

So you are just moving a stoploss up? If so, yes, you can. Click on it, release the mouse button, then move your cursor up, then click down again. Is that not working? Try testing it when you can control the trend: file>connect>simulated data feed.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ben. Yes, that works. My question concerned whether my entry price has any correlation to whether or not I can move the StopLoss beyond it? From your words it doesn't sound like there's a problem doing so.

Comment

Hello,

You can move the stop passed the entry price but it will fill automatically if you do. I suggest testing it on the Simulated data feed until you understand how it work exactly.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lightsun47  
        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
        1 response
        0 likes