Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PriorDay OHLC changing intraday !

Hi,

I use the ninjatrader 'boxed' PriorDayOHLC indicator, but have noticed that on most days the line values change by a few pips, on an intraday basis, if I decide to log out and sign back in, or if I change the timeframe through the day.

Usually the change is only by a few pips, but, surely, this should'nt happen as the lines are drawn with respect to prior day's price action.

Anyone noticed this or can help resolve please.

Thanks

Hello franky,

Can you please tell me to what connectivity provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

Could it be you connect to Zen-Fire? If so, there can be slight differences in historical data upon reloading it - which is what happens when you log out and back in & changing intervals.

Zen-Fire does not provide historical data. As a courtesy, we allow Zen-Fire users to make use of our historical data server. Please see the following forum thread.

As per post 7, data is aggregated differently as per the historical data server, so you can expect minor differences.

The historical server is based off of NT 6.0 which agreggates tick data into minute bars based on 00:00:01 through 00:00:00. We changed this in NT 6.5 client so minute bars are created from ticks using 00:00:00 through 00:00:59. Thus, if you re-load data you can get subtle differences since there are two difference minute bar compression schemes used.

NinjaTrader 7 is not affected, since its historical data server uses the same compression scheme as the client. It can be downloaded from the following link.

Let me know if you connect to a different connectivity provider.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Interactive Brokers is my provider.

Thanks.

Comment

I see, unfortunately this can be as expected with IB as well. The IB historical data source is different than the real-time data they send out. Thus you can experience subtle differences upon loading historical data.

I suggest to contact IB for more clarification.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

If the same problem exists with both Zen-fire and IB. Then using 'what' providers will not cause this problem ?

Would be very interested to know.

Comment

You can find a matrix that lists all supported connectivity providers at the link below.

The following providers do not support historical data themselves, so they use our historical data server, which can result in discrepancies.

- Zen-Fire
            - Trading Technologies
            - Gain Capital (if historical data is set to our historical data server)
            - Vision Financial Markets

As per the remaining providers, I suggest to contact the providers themselves to clarify if the same source is used for real-time and historical data.

Please note that NinjaTrader 7 does not experience this issue with the 4 providers listed above.

Comment

Please note that NinjaTrader 7 does not experience this issue with the 4 providers listed above.[/QUOTE]

Can you please tell me when NT 7 will be 'live' i.e. capable of been able to trust with live trades.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello franky,

You can trade live with NinjaTrader 7 we would like to remind you that it still beta software and as such, there is a higher risk of unexpected situations that can arise that can adversely affect your ability to manage orders and open positions. If you trade live, please do so conservatively and with caution.

We have not set a release date for a production version of NinjaTrader 7.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
                ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
                  Hello franky,

You can trade live with NinjaTrader 7 we would like to remind you that it still beta software and as such, there is a higher risk of unexpected situations that can arise that can adversely affect your ability to manage orders and open positions. If you trade live, please do so conservatively and with caution.

We have not set a release date for a production version of NinjaTrader 7.

Thanks Chip,

So, is it possible to run both 6.5 and 7.0....using 6.5 for trades and 7.0 for reliable historical data...see my problem below.

Also, can I assume that there are already many who are actively live trading with NT 7 now ?

Comment

Hello franky,

You can run only one instance of NinjaTrader at a time on a single PC.

There are customers who are trading Live with NinjaTrader 7, however bear in mind that the software is still in its Beta/test form.

Comment

Hello franky,

You will need to email us your license key as well Zen-Fire login credentials to: support AT ninjatrader DOT com.

Once we receive this information we will test the connection on our end.

Thank you,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM