Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja using local CPU clock time?

Hi Support,

I am running Ninja on WIndows 2000s OS with IB datafeed. Does Ninja use the IB datafeed clock time to plot the charts or does it use the local computer's CPU clock time ?

If it uses the local PC's CPU time, is there anyway to configure Ninja so that it uses the IB datafeed time intead. Or is there anyway to snchronise windows clock time to some atomic time. I am on windows 2000, I know windows vista has that feature.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    RK

NT uses your local clock on your PC. Sorry, we are no experts using atomic clock tools. Googling the web could be of help.

Comment

Thanks Dierk. I did'nt understand what you meant by "local clock on IB". Can you please clarify. Does Ninja use IB clock or does it use local computers clock.

If it uses local computer clock, is there anyway to configure in Ninja to use IB datafeed clock instead.

The problem is if Ninja uses local computer clock and clock is like a few mins different from datafeed clock, then all charts are incorrect and will show wrong open/close values and incorrect charts. I assume this is a common problem and would appreciate any solution for this.

Thanks
      RK
      Last edited by RK_trader; 08-15-2007, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Sorry typo, which I just fixed. NT only can use the local PC clock on IB.

Comment

Does NinjaTrader use the local PC clock for ALL data feeds, or just for IB?

Comment

Data providers: eSignal, DTN, OpenTick provide true timestamps. ZenFire as broker does as well.

Note: DTN is in the process of properly supporting second resolution on the timestamps. This will last a few more days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB