Daily and Higher Time Frame Unusual behaviour on Gain Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily and Higher Time Frame Unusual behaviour on Gain Feed

I am interested in ensuring that the time frame of the chart my indicator is running on is a 60min chart. I know what to do - using the Bars.Period.... That works for anything below 60 mins. However, for daily, weekly and other higher time frames, the way the Gain Forex feed displays looks like a simulated candle display. When you select the daily chart, it display a single candle which is also the current one.
    Strangely too my indicator that has been detecting non 60 min chart cannot detect it, it does not even execute at all.
    How does one handle this scenario. What is NT doing in this case? Is this been handled as a simulated datafeed. If yes, how do I capture when this is displayed.... so far, it appears my indicators does not detected anything from this chart so appears not to execute anything.

Hi boyifx,

Thank you for your post.

This is to be expected because does not provide historical daily data. So when you choose an interval of day for the chart you will only see the one real-time daily bar. Please see the following link for more information.

This is also why your indicators do not plot because NinjaTrader requires 20 bars of historical data for indicators. If that data is not present the indicators will not plot.

If you use an interval of 1440 minutes as the equivalent of a day it will show the same data on your chart as well as plot your indicators.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,
      Thanks but it appears you did not get my requirements. I am not interested in the daily chart. I want to warn users of my indicators when they select daily/weekly that they selected the wrong thing. However, I can't since it appears the indicator methods are not called at all. How can I using Ninja script warn users to not select this time frame whenever they mistakenly do. I can do that for other lower time frames now but could not do it for the daily and higher.
      Thanks

Comment

boyifx, thanks for clarifying, although not natively NinjaScript supported there's a way shown in our Pivots indicator which you can put to use for your custom indicators as well.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post emuns
        by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses