Problems with slow loading and dropping connections – Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with slow loading and dropping connections – Esignal

I’m recently having problems with NT taking a long time to load data from Esignal. It is also taking a very long time to load the data.

I have a full subscription to Esignal so I have check that Esignal is not seeing the same behaviour using the Esignal client, I can confirm it isn’t seeing the problem. I also run NT on a separate laptop, I have confirmed that this behaviour is not happening there either.

I have compacted the NT database.

Something that may be related, I’ve recently purchased data from DiskTrading, and expanded the size of the NT database considerably by importing there Forex 1 min data sets.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on areas to investigate.

Thanks and regards,

Dan

Hi Dan, how big would your database file now be completely? You could check via the MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 6.5\db folder the size of the NinjaTrader.mdb file.

Do you see any errors in your log tab as this lag in loading occurs?

Do you have potentially another ISP connection to try this on, too?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

Thanks very much for your usual NT amazing response on a Saturday!

I’ve checked the areas you suggested:

Size
      1.5 Gig i.e. 1,513,836 KB

Errors
      It has errors saying: ESignal.Unmanaged.Unsubscribe: unexpected error – 105

Other ISP
      No, unfortunately I don’t have another ISP. However, as discussed I’m not seeing this problem on my laptop which is running on the same connection. In fact a lesser connection, it is running wireless whereas my development box is running on a wired LAN connection.

Other behaviour
      I’ve done further testing since the post two other sets of behaviour

Connecting to GAIN
      1. I’ve previously set-up the free connection to GAIN, I’ve successfully connected but it isn’t loading any charts e.g. AUDUSD. Just to confirm you can pull down this data with GAIN?

Disconnected charting
      2. I’ve disconnected from Esignal & GAIN and tried to load a chart without any luck, no data displayed at all. Then I restarted NT and it loaded the charts

Thanks and regards,

Dan

Comment

Bertrand,

Thanks for your help. I think it may have a workaround identified after further testing.

I’ve recently installed Carbonite (http://www.carbonite.com/) off site back-up.

It is doing an initial back-up and therefore pushing a large amount of data up. I’ve paused this back-up process, and then re-launched everything. Esignal now pulling down the data successfully and NT is loading the charts.

It is funny, Carbonite chews very little bandwidth; they even state it takes a very long time to do the initial back-up given they restrict the amount of bandwidth used to do it. I’ve been running Remote Desktop connections over the same connections, no problem pulling down files, etc. It must be interacting with Esignal in some way (e.g. ports, etc). I’ve searched Esignal’s forum on this (forum.esignalcentral.com), I didn’t find any references to it.

I will have to ensure back-ups are happening during non-development and market hours.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks and regards,

Dan

Comment

You´re welcome thanks for sharing your scenario and insight here - I would strongly recommend to take care scheduling the backups outside market hrs as we´ve seen a few cases where this process (especially if realtime backup was enabled) would cause file access conflicts with NT´s working directories.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Anfedport  
          Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes