NT7 Chart Trader: Possible to disable confirmation pop-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Chart Trader: Possible to disable confirmation pop-up

I tried out Chart Trader on the sim account today.

I was wondering if it is possible to disable the Confirmation Popup when you enter an order on the chart using one of the right click options. It is distracting if you are trading fast.

Hello aviat72,

Please go to Tools-->Options-->General-tab and uncheck 'Confirm order placement'. Subsequently, the pop up window will not appear when submitting an order.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason.

Some follow-up questions:

1) Is it possible to have the lines being drawn to represent orders not to overlap the chart. I typically add 200 pixels to the right and would like the order related information to be displayed there instead of overlapping the actual chart data.

2) Is possible to set a global value so by default the trades are not marked on the chart or just limited to the chart where the strategy is running?

3) This is a more general question: Is it possible to initiate an entry manually and then a programed custom strategy take over for position management? I do realize I can use ATM but they are pure priced based position management. Essentially what I am looking for is some manual intervention in a running custom strategy. It could be limited to position entry in this case.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

1. Yes, you can set 'Order display bar length (% of chart)' to 1 in the ChartTrader properties menu. However the orders will still overlap the data a little bit. You could disable ChartTrader in the chart as well to exclude the orders entirely from the display.

2. You can set 'Plot executions' to DoNotPlot for each chart in the Data Series menu to exclude historical executions. Unfortunately there is no global setting.

3. Unfortunately this is not supported. If you like to use an automated NinjaScript strategy, it will need to trigger the entry order as well. It will not recognize the manually submitted entry order.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post jgualdronc  
        Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes