Can Options Be Traded with NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Options Be Traded with NT?

I don't see any Options in the Instrument Manager. Can NT be set up to trade Options. I know you can trade Options and use OCO orders so is this possible here. If not now can it be added to your list for the next release. Thanks.

Bob

imported post

Not available now, potentially available with next release.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Just a thought on options for the future. IMHO Option spreading can be very disciplined and comforting compaired to "shooting" futuresnakedwith tight stops or automated NT OCAbracketson support/resistance. As an ex option trader I've been thinking how NT could automate the process in options trading. It would be really kewl IMHO if upon a execution of a working order of one strike price (long "these")NT could be directed to sell the bid of another strike when the other "those"strike has abid/offer size ratio that hits some predetermined ratio(like NT currently does in sim stop mode). When spreading options I often bid/offer one strike because of its price relative to another. Without getting complicated I'll bid "these" because they're cheap relative to the bid price of "those"......once long these I'd wait to sell those on the bid until fear/pain sets in....if right on market tone with these then let others "those"run and spread off for an evenbetter"leg in" spread priceor just take profit on these. There are times in my experience when the relative relationship of two strike prices is so good it wont matter if youre wrong in market tone as putting on the spread at such a price allows the market to move against you and still be able to make money on the spread.

So what I'm suggesting is for NT rather than having and OCA bracket pair as it does in establishedopen position/strategy infutures........have a spread off strike orderthat is like a stop to hit bid of another strike ("those") if long "these" (or pay the offer of "those" if short "these") with a user defined sim stop size ratio setting. Of course I'm only addressing spreads involving call/call or put/put.

Shy naked futures scapler

wishing for options<g>

Regards

Bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH