Collapse

chart stops updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try that tomorrow, before the market opens, and after it opens if needed.

Thanks

Comment

Found my problem

Red Faced, Dean confessed to the forum that the chart stopping was a problem of his own making.
      I noticed today that my chart stopped at about the same time as on the last two occasions. So... I look at the time and it stopped at 12 noon. So I look at the properties for the chart and guess what. The times are set from 12 AM start to 12PM stop. So the chart was doing exactly what it was instructed to do. Changed the time and off we go.
      Sorry for the time and energy but maybe a good item for others.

Dean

Comment

Glad it's resolved for you.

Comment

Updating issue not resolved for me

I have remained quiet on this problem as I attempt to find any discernible pattern. Following are the issues and observations.

I have stopped using open tick and only use an IB non-simulation account

1. I have no problems if I leave NT running and disconnect IB before IB auto shutdown then when I reconnect in general everything comes back up. However I hate to waste the power of running my computer continuously

2. When I have shut down my computer and I bring up NT then IB then reconnect... Often either ES or YM will have one of the following problems
          - Volume charts will not load update
          - T&S for one instrument is frozen. Prices with bid, ask, volume will display but no trades will display
          - Minute charts will not update for either YM or ES
          In general these problems are accompanied by IB pacing, historical data request violations. However these mainly happen after a weekend or if I am gone for a day. Additionally these problems do not always occur in conjunction with pacing violations. Problem is generally solved by disconnected then reconnecting the data feed.

3. I used to have problems losing my workspace on bootup. This has not happened for a while. It just happened today. The one item I can correlate with this is that yesterday I put an ^INDU daily chart in my workspace. As I think back, there is a correlation between having an ^INDU chart in workspaces and the lost workspace load problem.

It seems to me that since I have no problems if I leave NT running that there is something that happens related to cleanup and startup of data feeds that is different on reboot versus data feed disconnect/reconnect.

The log really doesn't help all that much. If you have any instrumentation to log this in more detail would be glad to run it.

Comment

Let's try to isolate. Please try this:
            - make sure you have standalone IB TWS 877 installed
            - install latest NT6 custom build from here: https://www.ninjatrader-support.com/...er.Install.msi

Can you still reproduce the issue? If so, then please save your workspace file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6/workspaces/Default.xml for later. Thanks

Comment

I am on build 875.3 for IB and will update as well as install the custom build.

Will get back to you next week as I test.

Hopefully you have conveyed the message to IB that the pacing violations as well as the too many tickers error makes it such that I get motivated to move to tradestation which may be neutral to NT but will continue to be a competitive lost opportunity for IB..

I can understand them doing this for SIM accounts, however doing this on live accounts makes no sense. A combination of NT and IB has the potential of offering a compelling value proposition versus tradestation if IB can reliably provide market data to IB that is as good as tradestation provides for their charting.

Otherwise if I am going to use IB, I need to subscribe to esignal, NT and IB which is obviously more costly than tradestation and NT alone.

Comment

>> Hopefully you have conveyed the message to IB that the pacing violations as well as the too many tickers error makes it such that I get motivated to move to tradestation which may be neutral to NT but will continue to be a competitive lost opportunity for IB..
                Unfortunately there is nothing we can do. Please feel free to communicate your concerns to IB directly.

Comment

Dierk,

In installing custom version, should I uninstall current version and if so, is there a way to preserve my workspace?

Comment

To install custom build you need to uninstall current NT6. All your settings/data are preserved.

Comment

Install custom version challenge

I may have accidentally interrupted the download/install of the custom version. Now when I attempt to install it, it says that version is already installed and I need to use add/remove programs. I take it I need to remove current 6, reinstall 6 and the custom 6 install. What do I need to do to save workspace etc... ? thx

Comment

Hi Drew,

Can you please be more specific. What exactly do you mean with 'save workspace'?

Vince
                        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What I mean is that if I need to uninstall NT 6 which I am currently running, then reinstall it I will lose my charts and stored data (aka workspace)

Comment

Drew,

No, you can back up your files. To see where what folder is located for backing up, please take a look here:

Vince
                            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not able to install custom version

Dierk instructed me to install the custom version per following:

"- install latest NT6 custom build from here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/n...er.Install.msi"

He told me to install it on top of version 6

I am getting an error message that this is already installed and it won't continue.

I uninstalled my current version 6 and reinstalled it again the re-attempted to install custom version... got same error message...

Any suggestions?

Comment

I've got a similar problem with dtn, the volume chart is displaying wrong data.
                                The settings are the same and i merely switched from 60 min to 2000 vol in the menu.

NT's version is 6.0.1000.5 and i've got the latest dtn client, double checked that today.

My suspicion is that it mixes the saved RT data with the new data from the feed but didn't load all data from the feed.

Cheers
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Rollins; 10-01-2007, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                                19 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rene69851  
                                Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post gwenael