NYSE A/D Line under OpenTick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSE A/D Line under OpenTick

I was getting frustrated trying to open a 5 min chart of the NYSE Advance/Decline line when I noticed that the symbol mapping in instrument manager is in error: correct mapping is $ADDIFFN

Sorry about your frustration. According the information we received from OpenTick support the 'NYSE Advancing Issues/Declining Issues' is not supported by OpenTick. Please contact OpenTick support if you have any further questions.

Comment

If NYSE A/D is not supported by OpenTick why is $ADDIFFN listed for A/D line under their master list of symbols? I'm looking at a nice chart of the A/D line right now.

Comment

Sorry I don't know. I only can provide you the information we received from OpenTick.

Comment

I stand corrected: As of latest communication with OpenTick the mapping needs to be "$ADDIFFN|N" (the "|N" forces NT to go to the right exchange). It will be changed with next update. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

A littl help please

I would like to display the NYSE advance decline line. I have OPENTICK but do not have a clue as to how to get it into my charts or how to "Map" it. Can someone please give me a hand by describing the process ? Is it from the NT side or from the Opentick side??

Comment

Connecting

Hello,

Please open a new chart and select ADD as the symbol and let me know if this works.

Comment

Additional Help

I can get the symbol ADD, it shows as ^ADD in the instrument manager. I thought it would be the $ADDDIFFN. Is the symbol changed when it comes into NT??

Comment

Since NT supports many different connectivity providers, we have to provide our own layer of instrument/symbol management. The ^ADD is the NYSE AdvDecl line.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by deanldavis475 View Post
                    I can get the symbol ADD, it shows as ^ADD in the instrument manager. I thought it would be the $ADDDIFFN. Is the symbol changed when it comes into NT??
                    Please see example image below for adding to default instrument list, the Opentick symbol you should type is ADDIFFN (two Ds, not three as you typed), choose Index for Type and then press the search button. You should then see the $ADDIFFN symbol listed below:

Last edited by thrunner; 12-05-2007, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Nothing in exchange box

I have attempted this but when I attempt to enter the NYSE in the exchange box in the instrument manager, there is no entry there and I can't type anything in there. Any ideas on how to fix that ??
                      Thanks for the help..

Comment

Originally posted by deanldavis475 View Post
                        I have attempted this but when I attempt to enter the NYSE in the exchange box in the instrument manager, there is no entry there
                        It does take a while to get use to all the menus, but don't let that stop you When you add a new instrument (symbol) or edit an old one, you have an Instrument Editor window opened up where you can enter the exchange, tick size, etc. Remember for those using Opentick for the first time, you will need to subscribe to the NYSE feed for $1/month (the current exchange fee, it goes to NYSE) in order to get ADDIFFN.

Please also remember that you will only get new data for market internals such as ADDIFFN, TRIN etc during NYSE market hours. Finally, you will also need to be sure you have a live connection to Opentick and that the Opentick server is up and running.

Last edited by thrunner; 12-06-2007, 08:17 AM.

Comment

New problem

OK I got that figured out on my own I believe I added the index as shown and now I get a message when I try to open a chart "Error onloading chart data: No data (1003)" Any ideas on what I may be doing incorrectly????

Comment

Hello,

Please check these attached screenshots if the instrument is set up correctly.
                            Attached Files
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem solved

OK got it. I had the index name in small characters not caps. A hearty thank you to all of you for your prompt assistance. What would we do without you???

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno