Tons of missing data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi bce111,

At this point, I am not yet sure what data will be available so I am hesitant to speculate.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Looking at 1 minute candle sticks for YM, the data is there through 11:25 AM PST, and then there is a break to 1:15 PM PST where there is one candle stick and then the candle sticks start again at 1:30 PM PST. And actually I logged back in at around 12:10 PM PST and the candle sticks started where I logged in but now they're gone. Thanks.
      Last edited by bce111; 05-06-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Kyle,

Thanks for the help. How does one go about getting after hours data in version 7?

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
          Looking at 1 minute candle sticks for YM, the data is there through 11:25 AM PST, and then there is a break to 1:15 PM PST where there is one candle stick and then the candle sticks start again at 1:30 PM PST. And actually I logged back in at around 12:10 PM PST and the candle sticks started where I logged in but now they're gone. Thanks.
          Same on ES. I saw the meltdown life, but know my workspace is broken and the meltdown is gone....

Please tell me something about the history-server... I thougt, the history came from my Dataprovider. I often wonder about diferences between data on next morning (1440 minutes for daily - there are often differences in Volume and opening-price between life and reloaded history next morning).

I am working with Zen Fire and I can't reload historical data as the meltdown goes on (it was gray). Now on three different computer i didn't get the full data of the meltdown. Last Pricetime is 20:25 (german summer time) and next is 22:16... There is data of 1 hour and 51 Minutes missing in the ES... And Now i get Errormessages from Ninja and Windows want to send an Errorreport - for 15 Minutes now.... 'NijaTrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down...' This message came 5 times and i can't exit NT.... :-(

How i get NT6.5 to work probably again - with full data information?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hi bce111,

We are currently working to bring the historical data server back online.
            I will update this thread as more information becomes available.
            G'day.
            What's the word on the Historical Data server? 2, 5, 24 hrs before it's up?? There's certainly no joy in looking at a 22 point gap in the S&P data
            D.

Comment

EUREX - historical data reload does not show the correct data

I have the same issue with the FESX and FGBL (EUREX). The historical data reload does not show the correct data. The low of yesterday in the FESX is missing: about 150 Ticks are missing!
              Do we get this data back?
              And when?

Comment

Migrating afterwards

Hi,

because of yesterdays problem and the continuous freezing of 6.5. I decided to give NT7 a try. Unfortunately I didn't click on "Migrate". So now of course the data is missing. Is there a way to migrate the data afterwards? I hope to avoid de- and reinstalling NT 7, especially after I already worked on my charts.

But if the only way was a fresh installation, how could I save the work already done?

Comment

Hello all,

The issue with the historical data server as per version 6.5 has been resolved, so you should be able to (re)load historical data again. Please restart NinjaTrader and connect to your connectivity provider.

Unfortunately you will see gaps for the time the historical data server was down. It did not record data at these times, so you will not be able to load it in NinjaTrader. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

To display data after hours in charts, please check what session template is used in the chart. To display all data, please select the 'Default 24/7' session template.

Please note that Zen-Fire does not support historical data by itself. We allow Zen-Fire users to make use of our historical data server.

However, the historical data server uses a different time format to record the data than how real-time data is formatted. Please see the forum thread below for more information (post #7).

The historical server is based off of NT 6.0 which agreggates tick data into minute bars based on 00:00:01 through 00:00:00. We changed this in NT 6.5 client so minute bars are created from ticks using 00:00:00 through 00:00:59. Thus, if you re-load data you can get subtle differences since there are two difference minute bar compression schemes used.

In NT7 the historical data server will roll to version 7 as well, thus the minute bars will be the same.

You can export historical data from version 6.5

Subsequently import the historical data in version 7.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you recommend an alternative source of historical data missing from your data server. I guess I can download it from somewhere (tick and minute) and import into the history database, can't I.
                    I need the ES 06-10 history, btw.

Comment

Ninja Trader should manage to get the missing tick data and import it to its historical data server. Even after importing the the correct tick data I have an issue after every reload because it reloads the historical data from your server and therefore overwrites the imported data.
                      Last edited by markuse; 05-07-2010, 05:51 AM.

Comment

This may sound a bit naive, but...I was connected through the entire move yesterday and my bars were building correctly using tick charts. Naturally, I closed the app. EOD and after I restarted and connected to my data feed (Zen) this AM I am also experiencing the same missing/skewed data problems. Now, I always operate with "Store Real Time Data" checked, so would that data which is missing from the historical servers be stored in my files? If so, how do I use it to re-populate my charts?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                          Hello all,

The issue with the historical data server as per version 6.5 has been resolved, so you should be able to (re)load historical data again. Please restart NinjaTrader and connect to your connectivity provider.

Unfortunately you will see gaps for the time the historical data server was down. It did not record data at these times, so you will not be able to load it in NinjaTrader. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
                          Hm. Is there a posssibility to make the full Session for yesterday ES 06-10 available as minute and tick-data for download here?

Or: Is it possible to import Tick and minute Data as a textfile without losing data? If so, I need just the data between 2:25pm and 4:15pm in german time zone (20:25 to 22:15) as Ticks and minute data.

After trying out to import intraday data manualy: this solution is suboptimal! I hope you fix the data-hole on your historical data server on weekend because everytime when reloading historical data, the imported dada is gone....
                          Last edited by xenayoo; 05-07-2010, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Hello Lovax,

The missing historical data could be downloaded from another data provider or imported from a text file.
                            For a listing of data providers and the different types of data they offer, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

For more information about importing historical data from a text file: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Import.html

Hello markuse,

I will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.

Hello BigAAPL,

Unfortunately, the stored data would have been overwritten when historical data was reloaded upon your reconnection. To make sure that this does not occur in the future, you would need to disable the loading of historical data on the connection completely.

To load complete historical data, you would need to import the data from a text file or download the data from a secondary data provider.

Hello xenayoo,

It is possible to import historical data from a text file. Please see the link above for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                              Hello Lovax,

....Unfortunately, the stored data would have been overwritten when historical data was reloaded upon your reconnection. To make sure that this does not occur in the future, you would need to disable the loading of historical data on the connection completely......
                              How this could be done?

Comment

Hello xenayoo,

Please take the following steps to disable historical data for your connection:
                                • From the Control Center, click Tools > Account Connections.
                                • In the Account Connections menu, select your Zen-Fire connection, then click Change to open a Connection Wizard.
                                • In the wizard, navigate to the screen where you gave the connection a name. In this screen, set the historical data option to 'Disabled, I will use another connection for historical data', then click through the remaining screens in the wizard.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by morrnel, 05-12-2024, 06:07 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post wzgy0920  
                                Started by FishTrade, Yesterday, 11:11 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes