Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing

I'm with TT and my es ladder froze for a couple seconds today several times during high volume times. Antbody else have this problem? iS IT tt or my connection?

Hi BobNowak,

Thank you for your post.

I have not seen any similar reports to this today.

With that said, I would like to examine a diagnostic file to ensure that no NinjaTrader errors were responsible.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
    You will find the trace file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace folder.
    Today's file would be named 'trace.20100505.txt'

3.) The time of the freeze.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

memory issue, freezing, ver 6.5.1000.15

I have been having some freezing problems too in the past couple days with a Zen-Fire demo account. I have noticed that my NT ver 6.5.1000.15 is consuming a lot of memory. About 900,000K according to my task manager. It has been freezing during heavy trading times. I don't have that many charts up either. It's ok in the mornings but seems to get progressively worse throughout the day.

Comment

Hi mttxn12,

1.) If you click File > Workspaces, how may workspaces other than Default are listed?

2.) Please open the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > DB folder, right click on the file named 'NinjaTrader' and select Properties.
        Please let me know what size this file is reported to be in the Properties menu.

Comment

number of workspaces and memory issue

NT_Kyle:

I have 3 workspaces: One default (which is blank) and I recently made 2 custom workspaces. The db folder is 43 MBs.

Comment

Hi mttxn12,

So that I may search for errors that may be contributing, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In your message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
            You will find the trace file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace folder.
            The file will be named 'trace.YYYYMMDD.txt'

Comment

mttxn

where do you live and what provider do you use. I'm in chicago and use comcast. I thought it was them and I'm trying to see if anybody else was having similar problems.

Comment

I live in FL. I'm not having problems with my Internet feed though.
                I have other apps working well but NT is the only one acting slow.
                The memory usage on NT is 9 times or more compared to my other apps.
                I'm using the Amp Trading demo with Zen Fire.

Originally posted by BobNowak View Post
                mttxn

where do you live and what provider do you use. I'm in chicago and use comcast. I thought it was them and I'm trying to see if anybody else was having similar problems.

Comment

I was able to reduce the strain on my system by stripping some of my charts of indicators and using the bare minimum on non-essential charts. This brought it down to 100-200K in memory usage. I also increased the update interval on non-essential charts. Ninja is still the largest user of memory compared to my other trading tools but things seem to be stable so far.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Massinisa  
                  Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Creamers