autoscaling - horisontal lines etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoscaling - horisontal lines etc.

What does the autoscale option mean/do when I´m for example add a horisontal line on the chart?

highasakite, if you set this to 'true' the lines would be included in the Y Axis scale range at all times.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So, without any indicators, the chart adjusts so you can see all the prices right? (unless you are using NT7 and the chart is fixed) Well the same thing happens when you add an indicator to the chart if you set the autoscale....the chart automatically adjusts to show the indicator values.

Comment

Thanks!

So if there were an autoscale option on pivots, all pivot lines from say R1 to R5 would be visable?

Comment

Correct, just set autoScale to true for the Pivots indicator then to include R1 - R5 and S1 - S5.

Comment

Y axis scaling problem

Using 6.5 I'm having a problem with one of my charts where the data is squashed down into the lower part of the chart -- see image. The dragging option in the Y axis doesn't improve it much. As you can see the upper area is blank so I'm not sure why Ninja is setting the scale this way. I didn't have this problem with this chart until recently. The only thing I can think is that with the big moves last week that data is somehow still influencing the scale even though it is not visible on the chart??? How can I zoom in more on the lower part of the chart? The zoom tool did not seem to have any effect.
            Thx
            Attached Files

Comment

Please check if there are any drawings with autoScale = true still somewhere hidden at very low visibility - you could right click on the chart > remove drawing objects to clear all out. Then recheck if the scaled range normalizes.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                Please check if there are any drawings with autoScale = true still somewhere hidden at very low visibility - you could right click on the chart > remove drawing objects to clear all out. Then recheck if the scaled range normalizes.
                When I changed the settings on the Swing lines to not be auto scale that fixed the problem thanks!

Would be nice if the auto scale only applied if the data was on the chart -- the program must have been looking at lines that were from last week which were not visible.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                6 responses
                1 like
                Last Post jgualdronc  
                Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Touch-Ups