TradeStation 8.7 ELD file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation 8.7 ELD file

Need .ELD file to import into TradeStation 8.7.

I install NT 7.0.0.14-beta, but TradeStation import error message says it is "created" by TS version 10.00.00.0008 (timestamp 4/12/2010 3:08:47 PM). The message says my TS version is 8.07.00.3085. I know TS 8.7 was a major release and some TS archives are not compatible with newer versions, but I would not expect a major file version change from 10 down to 8.7.

Hi ggonline,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

For connecting with TradeStation the .ELD file you need for creating the Strategy should be included with your installation of NinjaTrader. I have tested the connection with TradeStation 8.7 and NinjaTrader 7 and not had any issues.

If you refer to the connection guide then you should be able to create the connection. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TradeStation. Click here to take me to the TradeStation Connection Guide

Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. I have no problem with importing NT 6.5 ELD so I believe I understand the procedures correctly. I will appreciate any advice.

Comment

Hi momow,

Thank you for your post.

The .ELD files that you will place in TradeStation are located in the C:\ Drive-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->bin-->AutoTrade. However, there are two easy language files and you will want to make open the correct one.

You can determine which is the .ELD file by right clicking and choosing properties. Once you know you can double click, and then from TradeStation you will want to apply the strategy.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. It's NinjaTrader 7 beta 14 that I have the problem with, not 6.5. The ELD file I tried to import is:

C:\Program Files (x86) --> NinjaTrader 7--> bin --> AutoTrade.ELD

And it gives the same error message that ggonline got.

Comment

Hi momow,

The file is located in the AutoTrade folder and is called NinjaTrader.ELD. If you double click on that file in the Program Files-->NinjaTrader 7-->Bin-->AutoTrade then you should begin a process for installing that strategy.

Then please from a chart please apply the NTExternalFeed strategy.

Comment

Sorry, I had a typo in the previous post. Ninjatrader.ELD was the file that I was referring to, which gives me the error message.

C:\Program Files (x86) --> NinjaTrader 7--> bin --> AutoTrade --> NinjaTrader.ELD

Comment

Hi,

I have attached my copy of the TS .ELD file. Please place this file in the correct folder, and then attempt to double click to install the NTExternalFeed strategy.

Comment

I guess the attachment file is missing in the post?

Comment

Hi,

It appears attaching that particular file on the forum does not work. Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Please reference this thread, and please mark it ATTN RyanO, and I will provide the file in that manner.

Comment

Ryan, Thanks for the ELD file. Unfortunately, however, it gives me the same error...

Comment

Momow,

Can you please let me know if you get any other errors within TradeStation.

Comment

This is the only error I'm aware of for now. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for that information. The reason I ask is because typically this error message occurs in tandem with another error, and the result is that you will have to uninstall TS and NT, and then reinstall both applications.

For NinjaTrader you can uninstall and reinstall using the steps below.
                            1. Close all running applications.
                            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
                            4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
                            5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                            6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                            7. Reboot your machine.
                            8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
                              Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

TradeStation 8.8 is now released. I'm not sure when I will try it, but will there be a new file NT ???.ELD file to import (or should the same NT7-beta file work, and therefore, it will not be revised)?

P.S. same as above NT6.5 worked fine, but I not ready to chance an uninstall of TS until my next TS upgrade. FYI: I running Windows 7 64-bit.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron