Session Begins/Ends. PriorDayOHLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Begins/Ends. PriorDayOHLC

When I set session begins and session ends times both for 12:00 AM then I get all the data plotted for the 24 hour period. However, on one of my charts I like to use the CurrentDayOHL indicator starting at 7:30 AM. If I set session begins and ends both at 7:30 AM then I get a blank chart. Should this happen like this?

Also, on one of my charts I like to plot the PriorDayOHLC but would prefer only the immediate prior day's OHLC and not all the previous prior days. Would it be possible to include a "Plot current value only" option for this indicator like the CurrentDayOHL has so that only the immediately prior day's OHLC is plotted and not all the other previous days' OHLC?

Thanks.

Originally posted by higler View Post
    When I set session begins and session ends times both for 12:00 AM then I get all the data plotted for the 24 hour period. However, on one of my charts I like to use the CurrentDayOHL indicator starting at 7:30 AM. If I set session begins and ends both at 7:30 AM then I get a blank chart. Should this happen like this?
    That is correct. NinjaTrader does not currently support session times that span across a calendar day. This is an enhancement that will make it into NT 6.5 due out this fall.

Also, on one of my charts I like to plot the PriorDayOHLC but would prefer only the immediate prior day's OHLC and not all the previous prior days. Would it be possible to include a "Plot current value only" option for this indicator like the CurrentDayOHL has so that only the immediately prior day's OHLC is plotted and not all the other previous days' OHLC?

Thanks.
    I will add this request to our list of future features for consideration. Thanks for inquiring on it.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by higler View Post
      I was also looking for this, try'd
      if (Time[0].Date != DateTime.Now.Date) return;
      from http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...t=PriorDAYOHLC
      which don't works in PriorDayOHLC (works well in CurrentDayOHLC).
      Now i set the "Days back" in "Format Data Series" to 1 and have only the OHLC of the immediate prior day plotted. But this isn't a real solution.

Any idea how to code it ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi khe91,

Not sure I follow you exactly. Are you trying to prevent the PriorDayOHLC indicator from plotting any of the days before just the previous day or the CurrentDayOHL indicator?

DateTime.Now most likely won't work because that takes your system clock time. You need to compare session dates and not your system clock's date since your latest session is the one that determines which date is the current date. Does that make sense?
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

SessionPivots Indicator

I posted an indicator in another thread that should do the job. Take the SessionCurrentDayOHL_V5 and SessionPivotsDaily-V5 indicators from SessionPivots. You can select session begin and end. The indicators work for FOREX and futures, but would be easy to add a stock exchange.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          172 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80