Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is the symbol format for Canada equity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi randomwalker,

Thank you for your post.

This will depend on your data provider. If you let me know who that is, as well as a sample Canadian equity I will be glad to let you know.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure,

I am using Esignal as data provider. In the case of Esignal, Canadian stock symbol is in the form of XXX-tc.

Thanks

Comment

The sample of Canadian equity : cll

Comment

Hi,

I was able to get data for the CLL instrument with the settings in the screenshots attached.

You can add instruments from the instrument manager.
          • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
          • Press the "New" button
          • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
          • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
          • Press the "OK" button
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. It works.

However, is it possible to import the whole Canadian stock list from Esignal instead of keying stocks one by one?

Comment

one more thing, is it possible to add password to the custome indicator?

Comment

Hi,

With eSignal it is not possible to import a list of symbols due to the fact that NinjaTrader will not accept the dash in the symbol mapping. This is a known issue that we are working to resolve.

This may be possible within the programming as well, but I would recommend you post this question in the NinjaScript section of the forum, as other users may have input.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwalker View Post
                  Thanks. It works.

However, is it possible to import the whole Canadian stock list from Esignal instead of keying stocks one by one?
                  Hi
                  We’re a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which addresses the exact questions raised in this topic (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads...st_29_2013.pdf )

Our ‘Easy Load’ installers automatically install within NinjaTrader the complete list of all configured stock exchange codes for various exchanges (including TSX & ASX) allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader datafeed providers.

For the Canadian Toronto Stock Exchange (‘Easy Load’ TSX) installer, all stock codes are automatically installed, fully configured and mapped to work seamlessly with Kinetick free/real time data, Interactive Brokers, eSignal, DTN IQFeed, Barchart and Yahoo free TSX data.
                  If your current data provider is not listed above please send me a message and we can look to include it.

I realise this topic is very old now, however just thought I’d mention it if anyone is now after a fully automated solution (which works for eSignal users as well) to the queries raised in this forum topic.
                  Easily view ALL equities & stock codes for many of the world's largest stock exchanges in NinjaTrader, seamlessly connected to supported data feed providers

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Canadian Equity Symbol Format for Interactive Brokers

what is it?

I was able to bulk create a Canadian equity list using Kinetick feed:

1) find a raw symbol list on yahoo or wherever
                    2) cut and paste/import it into a spreadsheet column
                    3) modify the format using the specific format for the provider, using spreadsheet text splicing formulas
                    4) cut and paste this list into the list import facility of ninja

C.XXX is the format for kinetick.

now would like to know the format for Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Hello kroeran,

I attempted to look up C.XXX but was not able to locate this.

With the Kinetick staff we were able to find C.XX and C.XXM but no C.XXX.

What is the name / description of this instrument?

Is this actually called Canadian Equity? If so, I am not able to find a website for this instrument.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sorry for not being clear. XXX was meant as "whatever" base symbol

I will try to be more concrete

How do I get Toronto Stock Exchange RY (Royal Bank) in NinjaTrader using an Interactive Broker (IB Canada) connection.

Comment

Hi kroeran,

Looking this up with TWS I was able to find RY but this was a Bond not an Equity.

This type of instrument in TWS cannot be mapped to NinjaTrader.

If this is not the correct instrument, I recommend you contact Interactive Brokers and inquire if they have they RY as an equity.
                          Attached Files

Comment

are you sure you have Canadian data enabled on your TWS?

Royal Bank of Canada equity ticker RY on TSX or also on NYSE???

Get RBC share information including dividend dates, common and preferred share information as well as analyst coverage at RBC Investor Relations.

Alternatively, can you tell me how to access any Toronto Stock Exchange equity on Ninja with an IB connection? What is the unique ticker format?

IB directs any such questions to you.

Comment

Hello kroeran,

I can help you with the formatting of the symbol in NinjaTrader once we have the correct instrument in TWS.

Was TWS unable to help you find this as a stock within their own platform?

I am able to find RY as a bond but this cannot be used in NinjaTrader.

I also do not know the symbol mapping needed, but this can be obtained from TWS.

To find this, add the instrument to a row. Then Right-click the instrument -> select Contract Info -> Description. This will show the needed symbol mapping.

For example the TD is a stock on the NYSE and can be mapped in NinjaTrader.

The symbol map would be TD|SMART.

For me to assist with RY, this would have to be a stock and I am unable to find this as a stock in TWS. Are you able to find this as a stock in TWS?

If you can find this instrument in TWS, please attach a screenshot of the Description and I can get the settings for you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ageeholdings  
                              Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                              0 responses