Help Me Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me Please

I keep on crashing when backtesting more than 1 month of data and that is without any optimizer running. My code is clean and is just using candle analysis, one oscilator and some trade management.

I am running this in VMware on windows. Do other people have this issue? Should I pick up a new computer? I really don't want to get a new platform.
    If anyone has successfully backtested large amounts of data (im using 5 min charts) I would really appreciate insight on what you are using hardware/os wise.
    Thanks!

Shyam, what are the specifications of your computer? I have some Core Duo processor (not exactly sure, the computer is roughly two years old) and 4 GB of RAM and I can backtest a year's worth of 5 min data without an issue. Are you giving your virtual machine enough memory to work with?

Regardless, NT7 handles backtesting much better and faster. It also uses all available CPU cores to do the backtesting.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

all better

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
      Shyam, what are the specifications of your computer? I have some Core Duo processor (not exactly sure, the computer is roughly two years old) and 4 GB of RAM and I can backtest a year's worth of 5 min data without an issue. Are you giving your virtual machine enough memory to work with?

Regardless, NT7 handles backtesting much better and faster. It also uses all available CPU cores to do the backtesting.
      I have upgraded my system and it is now stable. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post emuns