Collapse

Charts “flat-line” with eSignal real-time data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also am experiencing this issue with esignal and NT.

Couple notes:
    -I am charting SPY but it happens with other symbols.
    -As indicated in the thread, eSignal reports the last price as the previous close until the market opens. You can see this using the esignal watch list window.
    -Esignal has another data field called "Last/ExtHrs" aka "Last/Extended Hours Last" which reports the true last price during pre-market (as well as during market). I believe if NT modified their code to use this field always it might fix the problem.
    -Esignal charts chart the proper last price pre-market (as opposed to just charting the previous close as NT does)
    -Interestingly, I have my session set to start at 8:30am EST and NT seems to chart the correct pre-market price until about 9:15am EST at which point it "flat-lines" until the open at 9:30am
    Last edited by overflowing; 03-26-2013, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Hello overflowing,

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the eSignal API. Approximately 20 minutes before the open, charts will stop updating minute bars for stocks.

I will forward your suggestion to use the "Last/ExtHrs" data field to development. Thank you for your feedback.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Also I should add that the "flat-line/last price equals previous close" behavior 20 minutes before the open only happens on the current day. If I'm looking at a 5 minute chart and I scroll back to previous days there is no flat-lining from 9:10am - 9:30am on any of those previous days (even though there would have been if I were looking at those days as they were happening)

Comment

Thanks again for this valuable feedback overflowing, development is aware and will look into enhancing this area for our next major update.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also just as an FYI for other users, I was able to fix the chart for todays open (and I assume I will be able to do this in the future for other days) by going to Tools-> Historical Data Manager... and then going to the Download tab, selecting my instrument and setting the both the start and end date to today, checking Tick Minute and Ask, Bid, Last and then downloading

I just did it now at 11:30am EST.. Curious if I do this immediately after open at say 9:31am EST if it will fix it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post Anfedport  
            Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post iceman2018