Collapse

Data connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately you will need to restart the software to finish loading the requested data after a disconnect/automatic re-connect.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok - are my concerns with respect to trading live with NT warranted? This seems like a big deal?

Comment

If NinjaTrader locks up and you cannot get re-connected for any reason, we recommend to contact your broker as soon as possible to manage your positions/orders from there. If an order receives a 'working' or 'accepted' status, they reside at the broker/exchange and will still be active.
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Can you please tell me what setting is used for historical data in your TD AMERITRADE connection.

In addition, please send me all your log and trace files via Help-->Mail to Support. Please reference this forum thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header. Include a timestamp of occurrence as well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jason.

It just locked again, this time with no log message.

The trace file package is enormous. Is there a way that I can clean things up, wait for it to happen again, then send the package?

Comment

Ok, so the software became unresponsivess while there was no disconnection/automatic re-connection, while loading historical data, correct?

How much historical data did you load? This seems unrelated to the initial issue.

You can manually delete log and trace files at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->log and trace, while NinjaTrader is closed. Sending the log and trace files thereafter should be quicker, since it does not contain many files.

Comment

It happened again so I am trying to send the file in via the support option under help. I keep getting a 'party failed to connect' error.

This time it happened when I clicked on an instrument on the linked market analyzer.

Comment

Hello Day Trading Fool,

When generating the message, please include a link to this forum thread so that we can keep your case history intact.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

See attached for the error I receive while trying to send the email.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Day Trading Fool,

Unfortunately, the mail features will not function for some users due to a variety of factors which are beyond our control.

Since this is not functioning for you, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Jason' in the subject line from your standard email system.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your log and trace files from today's date.

You will find the log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                    4 responses
                    1 like