Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yahoo data

Hello,
    i would like to connect ninjatrader to yahoo data for nse and individual stocks..could someone help me with a guide on how to setup yahoo as a data provider..most of the links in the search i did turned out to be dead....thanks

Hello trader8989,

Thank you for your post.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance.
    Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yahoo data

thanks..how do i add the symbols as per yahoo....is the data rt?also what is meant by backfill?thanks..

Comment

Hi,

You can add instruments to the chart by going to File-->New-->Chart. Then chart a known instrument and when you wish to add an instrument just start typing and the instrument will be added to the database.

Backfilling is when you first create a chart and the historical data is downloaded for the amount of days that you requested after first creating a chart.

Please see the following link for more information.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is that link applicable to the "real time" Yahoo Finance quotes?

After trying it, it appears I am yet unable to set the charts for anything less than "daily" which gives me EOD.

Thanks

Comment

Hello ntfrog,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

The Yahoo connection in NinjaTrader 6.5 is a free end-of-day feed which offers historical data in daily intervals only.

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to configure a connection to Yahoo Finance for real-time data. This is, however, on our development team's list of future considerations for the software.

Comment

Thanks, Kyle!

Comment

Hi

I cannot figure out how to chart index data (eod) from Yahoo. E.g., the ticker of the S&P500 would be: ^GSPC
                But when I enter this ticker, NT says: "Invalid instrument name". When I try to create a new instrument in the inst. manager, it does not let me use this very ticker due to the ^

Can you help me, please

Thank you

Comment

Hello orchiscell,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

When accessing the S&P 500 index, please use the pre-configured ^SP500 instrument.

Comment

orchiscell,

Kyle's response undoubtedly describes the correct procedure; however, as a newbie, I thrive on workarounds.
                    What worked for me was to set up and connect to Yahoo Finance, and then modify a chart I no longer use with the ^GSPC symbol.

Comment

Thanks, Kyle. That worked.

But how if I want to chart a ticker/index which is not pre-configured. Let's say e.g.
                      ^SSEC (Shanghai Composite)

Maybe also for you, ntfrog, how did you get to work/modify a chart with the original yahoo-ticker. I tried that and it did not work.

Many thx for your help

Comment

Hello orchiscell,

You will need to create a new instrument in the Instrument Manager. Please click New and setup the instrument accordingly. Enter the correct symbol mapping next to Yahoo under the Misc-tab. If you check the Misc-tab of the pre-configured ^SP500, you will see ^GSPC as symbol map. I suggest to enter ^SSEC as symbol for the Shanghai Composite.

I am not sure what you mean by 'work/modify' a chart - what exactly do you like to modify in the chart? Please see the link below that will direct you to our help guide regarding charts.
                        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx, Jason.

What confuses me a bit is the fact that you e.g. for the S&P500, your master instrument name is SP500 and the symbol mapping is ^GSPC. But to use it in the chart, you have to use the blend (^SP500).
                          But that's ok if you know...

Another question in this context, now that I can use the Yahoo data for analysis, I observe that the last bar of e.g. the Nikkei index is from yesterday (19th), even if the data box says 20th and Yahoo has the newest data a couple of hours on their website already. Is there a possibility to get newest bar asap and also that the data is showed correctly in the data box ?

thx again

Comment

Hello orchiscell,

1.) Since NinjaTrader allows for connection to many providers, master instruments which contain mapping for all providers are used.

In the future, the search feature in the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager) can be utilized to help you find the instrument you are looking for.

2.) The free Yahoo! end-of-day feed is a delayed datafeed. As such, the price updates will be posted later than the updates on Yahoo Finance's website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Massinisa  
                            Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes