Strategy Analyzer not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer not working?

I tried using the Strategy Analyzer and when I run it, the analyzer does nothing. I do not see any trades show up even though I have debugging statements that prints out in the output window before the trades are being executed. Any idea on what would cause it to not work?

Thanks

How about enabling TraceOrders in your strategy to see if you can tell what may be happening?

Also, check the Control Center log tab for any errors generated by your strategy.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I set TraceOrders = true and there were no changes in the output windows. There are also no errors in the log. According to my debug statements, there should have been a bunch of trades, and yet the summary all reads 0, there are no executions, no trades, no orders.
      I am also using Zen Fire and according to the graph, Zen Fire supports historical data. I am also not checking for Historical either.

And the strategy does work because it has been running in real time without any problems.
      Last edited by mazachan; 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM.

Comment

How about adding adding something like:

Print(Time[0].ToString());

as the first line in the OnBarUpdate() method. Then backtest it --> You should see DateTime output in the Output window. If you do not, then you do not have any historical data while running a backtest.

Comment

Yes, I do have data as it has been printing out the market open and close times. I just tried this and it has historical data going all the way back to march for the ES 09-07.

Could it be that I am executing an ATM strategy as opposed to simple longs and shorts? Has anyone else had any issues like this? I tried this on another computer and I still get the same result.

I have attached 2 screenshots from the strategy analyzer after running the back test. There are no warnings or errors under the log tab.

I tried running the back test with the SampleMACrossOver strategy and that appears to work fine. However the SampleAtmStrategy produces the same results.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mazachan; 07-10-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

ATM strategies are not backtestable, that is why you are not seeing any results. Thanks for pointing this fact out, I overlooked that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post SantoshXX  
            Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes