Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can you place limit orders at current market price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you place limit orders at current market price?

Hello,

Is there a way to place a limit order to enter you in at the current market price using the superdom? I don't want to place a market order because I would like to be able to control the slippage. Thank you

Hello wjhamilton,

You can set quick buttons on your superdom by right clicking > Properties. Set "Show quick buttons" to true.

With this setting you'll have additional buttons to buy or sell at the bid or ask.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent thank you. one other quick question actually, is it possible to disable the current price label that shows up in the margin of a chart? So for example, if I added a sma indicator to a chart, it's value would be displayed in the margin. I can disable that by going to the indicator properties and setting Price marker(s) to false. I would like to be able to do the same thing with the current price of a stock. Thanks again

Comment

You could try right clicking the chart...

Properties > Color for last trade > Transparent

But would still have an active and dynamic data label, with no price.

Comment

I had emailed a professional daytrader about buying the bid/ask and this was his response,

"There are times I buy at the bid, which is just a limit order. You dont need a slip because you are trying to buy under the current price so if price falls fast you must be filled if it clears out your price level that you are bidding at. When you buy the offer, the price can move as you are trying to buy and you dont get filled, so I buy at the offer with a 3 cent limit. This means if the price is sayt 25.20 and I push the buy offer button, it will attempt to buy the current offer of 25.20, but if price starts to move fast it will keeep trying to fill up to 25.23, and if it cant fill in that range it will not keep trying adn the limit will remain at 25.23 until filled or I cancel it."

With this in mind, is it possible to buy a limit order at the offer with a 3 cent slip, either using chart trader or with the superdom? Are my only options to buy at market, buy at ask, or buy at bid? I'd like to be able to just push a button to buy at the offer the same way I can push a button to buy at the bid/ask using chart trader. Thank you

Comment

Hello wjhamilton,

The quick buttons are only used to place limit orders at bid or ask.

It sound like you want a long limit order a few ticks below the current market price.

You will have to click at the specific price level for this.

Comment

Ok thank you, good to know. One other question if you don't mind (sorry for asking so many), when you place stop limit orders in the superdom you can right click, go to properties, and change "stop limit offset" from off to a value like 3 (so you don't get that popup each time you try and place a stop limit order). Can you do the same thing for chart trader? Right now every time I try to place a stop limit on the chart (by right clicking directly on the chart itself and select "Buy Stop limit### @###"), I get that little popup and have to place a value of 3 for the slippage each time. Thanks for being patient with me and helping out, really appreciate it.

Comment

Yes, you have this same property for ChartTrader. Right Click in the ChartTrader area > Properties. Can then specify a value for "Stop Limit Offset".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses