Trading multiple acc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading multiple acc

Hi, not sure if this has been answered but please could you help explain how I could possibly trade my own account and another?

for example, I have a live acc and wish to trade a relatives live acc at the same time on the exact same trade setups, so effectively all I need to be able to do is execute via ninjatrader with 2 sep accounts on 2 seperate DOMs etc etc..

If this cannot be done then how can I do such a thing? would it literally require executing orders on the other account off another trading platform other than ninja?
    or
    alternatively if I wish to use my platform of ninja but cannot would it require having to install and lease another ninjatrader to another computer entirely? i.e trade from 2 laptops next to each other?!

Thankyou.

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post

This can be done with Account Groups. There are some small details however for your information. If the accounts are at the same broker you will need to have the account merged under one username and password. As the broker connection can only be opened once at a time. If they are located under different brokers with different connection technologies then you will need to use the multibroker edition of NinjaTrader. To upgrade your license you would need to send a note to sales at ninjatrader dot com.

Account Groups:

Select the account groups hyper link for more information on account groups.

Alternately you can purchase two version of NinjaTrader and run it on two different computers, NinjaTrader cannot be started twice on the same computer.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply, sorry I have been away and only just managed to check it.

I would just like to clarify, if I was to use the account group option as suggested, this would then execute the same trades over both accounts. However I would not be able to execute more contracts on say mine, and less on my relatives account would I? It would have to be the same all the time correct? There is no room for adjusting seperate contract sizes over the 2 is there?

Alternatively, If I do use the multi-broker version, I understand it allows me to connect via diff brokers BUT does this then mean I can still trade simultanousely over 2 sep accounts from my one verison of Ninjatrader?

Thanks again

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your forum post

This can be done with Account Groups. There are some small details however for your information. If the accounts are at the same broker you will need to have the account merged under one username and password. As the broker connection can only be opened once at a time. If they are located under different brokers with different connection technologies then you will need to use the multibroker edition of NinjaTrader. To upgrade your license you would need to send a note to sales at ninjatrader dot com.

Account Groups:

Select the account groups hyper link for more information on account groups.

Alternately you can purchase two version of NinjaTrader and run it on two different computers, NinjaTrader cannot be started twice on the same computer.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Reggie,

1) That is correct, you can devide the contracts or split them up when submitting.

2) Yes, this is possible, make sure you're connected to both accounts and then select the one you want to trade in.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TradeSaber  
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes