take profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take profit

If i am running a profit taking strategy and in the last session the price did not meet the price target. will the strategy continue to run when next day's session starts ?(assume i open ninja trader the next day before the trading session starts)

and if the next day's market open price is higher than take profit price, will my order be executed by my profit target price or the market price? thanks!

Hello light7801,

Unfortunately not, you will need to restart the strategy the next day.

However, this will be improved in NinjaTrader 7. Please see the link below for more information.

Persistence between sessions
    Strategies will now be maintained between NinjaTrader shutdown and restart. On restart, you can multi-select strategies in the Control Center Strategies grid and enable all strategies to run in a single click. You can disable, change parameters and re-enable a strategy. You can now also save a set of parameters as default. You no longer have to re-add strategies every time you restart NinjaTrader.

As per your second inquiry, it will be executed at the price the market is trading, since this would be the better price.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Jason. just want to ask if i run 1 strategy on 10 stocks, can i save a set of parameters as default for that? so i dont have to reattach it to each one next day's morning. and if it's doable, is there any instructions for how to set up a default parameter?

my another thought is that is that doable to have a window set up specifically for strategy A so if i select a stock, i can just put the stock symbol in the window and strategy A will be automatically carried out on that stock? so as long as i like, i can happily adding more stocks in strategy A window.

finally, is there any way to remedy the possible difference between strategy position and account position when i restart ninjatrader? or should i keep my computer and ninjatrader on 24/7? thanks~

Comment

Hello light7801,

Unfortunately this is not supported in NinjaTrader; you cannot save templates for the Strategy parameter window.

I am not sure if I quite follow your second paragraph. However, when running a strategy in a chart and you switch the instrument in the chart, the strategy will stop trading on the initial instrument and continues to run on the new instrument that is selected.

You could submit a market order manually to the account you run the automated strategy to synch the account and strategy positions.

However, you could also enable 'Wait until flat before executing live' at Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript. Your startegy will only submit orders until your strategy position is flat.

In addition, you could also include the following statement in your code to avoid the strategy to be calculated on historical data.

// Only run on real-time data
        if (Historical)
        return;

Add the statement to the top of OnBarUpdate()
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PeakTry, Today, 10:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PeakTry
        by PeakTry

Started by llanqui, Today, 10:32 AM
        0 responses