problem getting chart data from IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem getting chart data from IB

I'm trying to bring up a chart while using IB datafeed. One chart, AMZN, came up without problems, but another one, ABMD, is producing this error message: "Error in requesting historial data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)." Can someone help me with this, I had this message previously with some other symbol...I'm not sure what the "security definition" is. John

I just tried disconnecting the IB datafeed, and connecting with TDAmeritrade datafeed. The problem went away, so it must be something with the IB data configuration. John

Comment

Glad to hear you have this problem resolved now. NinjaTrader comes preinstalled with many instruments. If you want to add equities instruments, the best way is "on-the-fly". First create a chart that you know works properly (AMZN). Then start typing the instrument name on the chart and hit enter. It should bring up a change instrument dialog box and fill in all the details for the new instrument "on-the-fly". I was able to chart data for ABMD using this method with the IB connection.
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I didn't resolve the problem, I still can't chart ABMD using IB data. I still get the same error message. What is this security definition referred to? John

Comment

Hello jbclem,

Can you please check if you receive data for the ABMD in TWS. If you do not receive such data in TWS, you will not be able to receive it in NinjaTrader either.

If you do receive data in TWS, please post screenshots of how the ABMD is currently setup in the Instrument Manager. Please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the ABMD in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Post screenshots of both the Definition and Misc tabs.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes