GAIN Forex - lots treated as contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAIN Forex - lots treated as contracts

If I create a GAIN connection for forex, the order quantity is treated as contracts. For example, a forex order for $EURUSD 90,000 is treated as 90,000 contracts. Also, in Chart Trader, the default quantity when using the GAIN connection is 1 instead of 0.01M.

If I bring up a forex chart using an IB connection, then the default order quantity in chart trader is correct, i.e., 0.01M.

Any explanation as to why the two connections treat forex quantities differently?

thanks

Correct, with GAIN, the value represents the lot size, which depending on the individuals account can be 100,000 or 10,000. For IB, its different since you can specify any size to trade (I believe), this is also different for other FX brokers we support as well, so the short answer is that its dependent on the account and broker.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a difference between the GAIN live and demo accounts? Because I entered 90,000 for a GAIN demo account, and the order went through as 90,000 contracts (not the total currency value for the forex pair). This seems opposite to your reply.

Is there a NT script command I can use in my strategy to check which datafeed/broker is currently connected?
      Last edited by astrolobe; 01-28-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

astrolobe, on Gain demo on our simulator only regular 100K lots are supported, for Gain live you would need to check with them what the order qty 1 is eqaul to (1000, 10000, 100000 units).

Unfortunately accessing which broker / feed you're connected is not supported per default, you could just define a user input in the strategy and then apply logic as needed for different settings.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes