Ninja Trader ReInstalls everytime on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader ReInstalls everytime on startup

After changing user account in vista and uninstalling NT on the previous account, the new installation works fine untill the computer is reboot and then it is back to making a complete new installation. After a reboot trying to launch NT it asks for license key, reinstalls everything (except chart settings) and all history settings are gone. This is enormously frustrating. Please Please Help

/ Tobias Hagstrom (mirus zenfire account)

Hello Tobias,

Does the new installation occur automatically or do you click a NinjaTrader icon?

What happens if you try to start the software via the Windows Start menu or via C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->bin-->NinjaTrader.exe? Does the issue persist?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I Click on the NT Icon which refers points to ("C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\"). If I close down the program and restart it all works well, untill I restart the computer and then it will start the reinstall. I am completely clueless to why this is the case.

Comment

Hello Tobias,

Unfortunately I am not sure why this occurs either.

Can you please check if your PC meets the requirements listed at the link below.

What happens if you remove the current icon and recreate a new shortcut (icon) via C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->bin-->NinjaTrader.exe

In addition, can you please re-enter your license key at Help-->License Key. Do you receive an error message?

If so, it indicates NinjaTrader cannot connect to its license server to verify the license you have entered and load the provider that is included as per your license. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

NinjaTrader itself connects to standard web address via HTTP protocol through whatever port is defined for internet browsing on the target PC (Port 80 by default) to connect to its license server.

Comment

It actually reinstalls without a reboot of the computer if the application has been closed for a while. I traded all afternoon and now when I try to open up the application in the evening with the NinjeTrader.exe file it starts to ask for a licence key. Clearly something is miserably wrong with this software

Comment

And I have a superfast computer

Comment

can I really be so unlucky to be the only one with this problem???

Comment

Hello Macbeth,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you, by chance, running NinjaTrader on a Mac?
                If so, which virtualization program are you using?
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No problem with the license key. Please ask your software engineers what triggers a complete reboot of the software, this is ridiculous.

Comment

Can you please answer Kyle's question in post 8 so we can continue to assist? Thanks
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No I am not running Ninja on a Mac. Standard Vista 32 bit, dual core Dell PC with 4gb ram.

After another probably 15th registration of the license key yesterday, I could restart the program through Ninjatrader.exe without problem for about half a day. Then after the software had been closed for some time and I tried to reopen it, again it asks for the freaking license key. Seem like I will have to insert it everyday now, all the custom worksheets are gone and the connection to mirus has to be setup from scratch.

/ Tobias

Comment

Before I was using NT in another Vista account. After deciding to clean up that account I uninstalled NT and installed it from scratch in the new user account. After that I am asked to retype the license key everytime the software has shut down for atleast a couple of hours.

Comment

Hello MacBeth,

Does the new user account have administrator rights?

What happens if you install NinjaTrader using the initial user account that worked without issue?

Comment

The new account is configured as an administrator. It is a peculiar glitch because I am sometimes able to login normally for an extend period of time, but then at any time it can come back and ask for the key and all configurations gets lost. Atleast I have learnt now how to do the bacups and where the worksheets and charts are stored. This means that not all work gets lost every other time I start Ninja trader. I guess I could reinstall it in the previous account but the purpose was to open a fresh account without a lot of things installed so that Ninja trader would run smooth (as zenfire uses a lot of power).

I am really surprised that this problem should be so hard to solve and that not more people have encountered the same issues. Well I keep on looking trying to solve the problem, but so far without much success. It works great on the other computer (laptop), but I rather use the stationary with 3 screens.

Comment

Hello MacBeth,

Could you please send me your log and trace files for the date the issue occurred last for the stationary PC. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100120.txt for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100120.txt for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please reference this forum thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

In addition, are there any consistencies as per the occurrences when you need to enter your license key again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by SugarDefwebsite, Today, 02:18 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post SugarDefwebsite  
                              Started by usglucofreeze, Today, 01:19 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post usglucofreeze  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:12 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post f.saeidi  
                              Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 03-14-2017, 10:17 AM
                              227 responses
                              7 likes
                              Last Post rare312
                              by rare312

Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:11 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post f.saeidi  
                              Working...
                              X