Getting TS signals to someone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting TS signals to someone else

I am a system developer and trader and have been using Tradestation for a number of years. I trade strictly the stock index futures intraday. I am interested in 1) finding a way to take TS generated trade signals and route them to market through something other than the TS trade manager, 2) making my trade signals available to someone else (I have a family member who wants to try an automated strategy.) I understand that Ninjatrader may have some capabilities that would help me with one or both of these problems.

I will add that I already have the system running at C2 so I could let the other person get the signals from there, but I'm looking for something outside of C2 if for no other reason than I don't want to have to pay C2 for the privilege running my own system when I don't have to. I'm not a CTA and I won't be charging for the use of my system or collecting any money for it's use from the other person. I just want them to be able to acquire the signals, preferably not from my computer or theirs and to trade their own account with them.

I am just looking to get pointed in the right direction, so if anyone can do that I'd appreciate it.

tom

Thanks for inquiring here.

NinjaTrader can help you with the routing of TS signals to any NinjaTrader supported brokerage of which there are hundreds.

The technical details of how this works can be found in our Help Guide.

Go to the section Automated Trading > Automated Trading Interface > TradeStation Integration. Please let us know if you have any questions on this.

With respect to exposing signals, NinjaTrader does not have any built-in method to do this. The options I see are:

- Trade your family members account directly from your PC running TS and NinjaTrader
    - Use C2 as you pointed out
    - Have your family member run a PC with TS and NinjaTrader and your TS strategy
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response. I'm not quite sure what you mean about exposing signals, but I assume you are referring to the ability of others to see or intercept the signals and possibly reverse engineer the system.

Comment

Hi Atomic, no I believe this was more meant in the sense of 'broadcasting' externally generated signals...
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Since I am already using C2 to get trade signals from TS via an email interface, will I still be able to use Ninjatrader to do the same thing at the same time?

Comment

Unfortunately not sure Atomic, since I'm not familiar with how specific the emails need to be setup for C2 directly picking the trades up. You can take a look at our needed settings and compare or try replicating the trades on the Sim101 account to test - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/SetUp6.html
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes