Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 crashes every few minutes

Hello,
    I normally spend a lot of time everyday developing indicator scripts, recompiling them and then reapplying the indicators on my charts. Over the last few days NT has crashed more and more frequently. Initially maybe once a day, this afternoon it's every few minutes. It seems something is getting worse each time I start NT. Each time I get the windows XP warning that the application is unresponsive and I have no choice but to kill it and restart it. The last time happened a minute ago as I finished compiling a script and was clicking on a chart with the intention of reapplying all the indicators to it. NT froze as soon as I clicked the chart. I have tried setting all the indicators to calculate on bar close but this is not helpful. This morning, I also repaired the database. What can I do? and BTW when will regular folks like me be able to use NT 7?

clksoft, NinjaTrader 7 is not far away from a public beta (for now closed one) - please follow this link for all developments in this regard -

For the 6.5 issues you get, please contact me via the Help > Mail to Support feature, include trace and logs and reference this thread in the subject.

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT Bertrand, maybe I found it....

I had placed this line in my on_bar_update() method to color the background of the night session differently from that of the day session. It seems the -100000 argument passed as the bottom of the rectangle was causing the CPU to overheat as evidenced by the fan on my laptop that was working furiously each time I added the indicator to a chart. NT would then freeze a few minutes later.

if ((ToTime(Time[0]) <= 093000) || (ToTime(Time[0]) > 161500)) { DrawRectangle(CurrentBar.ToString() + "T", false, 1, -100000, 0, 100000, Color.Transparent, Color.Gray, opacity); }

I don't know whether the 100000 argument was also a problem but I have now replaced the same line of code with:

if ((ToTime(Time[0]) <= 093000) || (ToTime(Time[0]) > 161500)) DrawRectangle(CurrentBar.ToString() + "T", false, 1, 0, 0, 1000, Color.Transparent, Color.Gray, opacity);

Also, being new to C# with a C++ background, I assumed that placing curly brackets around the DrawRectangle() call would help the C# garbage collection cleaning up after the call to that function. But that doesn't seem necessary.

If there is a better way to paint the night session background differently, please let me know.
      Last edited by clksoft; 01-02-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Great you have resolved it, the garbage collection is done automatically 'under the hood' in C#.

A more efficient way would be using BackColor / BackColorAll - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...BackColor.html
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexAuCost  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:22 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes